Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got to thinking about the Olde Timer....Beowulf.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Both you guys are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
    Same here! I can't imagine what you guys are going thru.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I've been married 25 years, come July. Couldn't imagine losing her. The thing to remember is that you will see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I've been married 25 years, come July. Couldn't imagine losing her. The thing to remember is that you will see them again.
    Thanks so much for all you guys continued prayer support. Believe me, it matters! And you're absolutely right, bammer. I know I will see Sandy again. I truly desire to live out all the days God gave me, but I am anxious to see her again. My emotions are still on a roller coaster...up and down. The first year will be the most difficult, I think, going through all the holidays and other special days for the first time without Sandy, but I know that if I drag and mope around too long she'll come back and kick my rear end. Woman could be a terror when it was called for! And, yeah, it is indescribably difficult. But I have soooo many wonderful memories to bring me joy and laughter, and that's the way she would want it. And far be it from me to disappoint her. Would break my heart even further to do so.

One of the things that is most difficult for me is, when I go somewhere, coming home to an empty house. Always before, I knew when I came home she'd be waiting for me when I got home. Now...sometimes just returning to home is so difficult. Nothing on TV really interests me much anymore, not even the few shows I really enjoyed. And I just can't bring myself to watch any of the shows Sandy and I enjoyed watching together so much. I have a little journal I write in sometimes, when I feel like it. Writing my thoughts and feelings down seem to help somewhat. I'm also writing a book about my and Sandy's life together. Not for publication, but more for the kids and grand kids after I'm gone. I write as the notion strikes me, and it probably isn't in a format a publisher would want anyway, but I don't really care. Its for my kids and grand kids. And I talk to Sandy all the time. It helps, but it can't bring here back. I'm really just groping my way in the dark right now. I know there's light at the end of the tunnel. I just don't know how log the tunnel is going to be. But, as with any long journey, you take it one step at a time. I think of what Sandy would want for me, expect of me, insist I do. I'm trying in every way I can to honor her wishes and desires for me, for our kids, and try to be the kind of man about whom she could say with pride, "that's my husband." That's all I know to do, and let time heal...as much as possible...the grief, heart break and heartache. I know, in time, some sense of normalcy will return. But life without her will never be the same for me ever again. When she died a huge part of me died also. We truly were each one half of the same soul. I just don't know how to describe how close we were any more articulately than that.

Sage wisdom here Olde Timer...Sage Wisdom.

I too at times find it difficult to come home and knowing she will not come through my door for me to fix us dinner or sometimes breakfast...or sit in my lazy boy while we watch a television program.

Gratuitous Sex and Violence has returned to the Television the last season ...aka...."Game of Thrones." It is one of her favorites. She waited anxiously for it to return over the years and the last season is now on HBO....making me miss her more.

We would have been watching it together when possible...due to my changing shifts. I would rub her feet until she fell asleep and then I took possession of the remote controller....!!!! "I have the Power!!!!" What woman would not happily give up the remote controller for a good foot rub.!!??

But yes...coming home can be difficult....knowing she will never again come through my door. But I miss and think of her often...and I know she would want me staying close to her family....not retreating to my solitude.

Yeah....Olde Timer...me too ...my emotions are on a roller coaster...

Oddly enough...I find some comfort in the form of structure ...in going to work and concentrating on certain tasks, even teaching the younger guys how things are done.... than do I staying home...

Will see her family tonight....for a get together Near Jamestown, Virginia.

My thanks to all the members for their prayers and kind words...it does make a difference and a comfort.

In process of time I will go to her......For Peace with a good woman is a rare and valuable thing in this world.

In like manner to the Olde Timer..I too have a kindred spirit with this world...but it does not have the draw for me as once it had. Not for a long long time...with the exception of this Good Woman.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.