Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC 130 attack on taliban

Default AC 130 attack on taliban

Doesn't need much explainin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5lW9K_-VG0

We need to be doing that on the southern border.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Now that is like shooting fish in a barrel.....looked more like ants. Good riddance....

No mistaking when they touch that 105 off.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." Tuco

It's a video game

Quote Originally Posted by 3cyl View Post
    It's a video game
    I question that video also - bodies still give off signatures but in pieces when blown apart - even after a 105 hit the "heat signatures" never moved or changed ....

and the last I heard the ships still had mini guns on board >>>> those strung out grouped targets are tailored made ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 04-22-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    I question that video also - bodies still give off signatures but in pieces when blown apart - even after a 105 hit the "heat signatures" never moved or changed ....

and the last I heard the ships still had mini guns on board >>>> those strung out grouped targets are tailored made ....
    Well, your dead wrong with part of this. "Puff the magic dragon" (AC-47s) had mini guns. "Spooky", (AC 130s) has 20mm, one 40mm and a 105mm...NO MINI GUINS...if memory serves me correctly. Although it has been more than thirty years since I wore the uniform.
    How do I know? I've walked around them too many times to ever forget their armament. Even got to go aboard a couple of them. As far as it being a video game, I have to say it did look a big suspicious with whole bodies laying around after a 105 round detonation, but really can't say one way or the other. I have seen actual footage of what that 40mm can do, and it ain't for those with a weak stomach. Well, looks as if you and I are part right. The earlier AC-13os were armed with 4 7.62mm mini guns. Later versions , the mini guns were replaced with 4 20mm Vulcans. Armament has verified from inception to the latest versions. At any rate, you just sure as heck DON'T want to be on the receiving end of it. Would make for a real bad hair day, indeed! Seeing those mini guns in action is a real eye opener, but seeing a Vulcan in action would turn you into an instant millionaire...'cause you'd be sh*tting gold bricks by the pallet load! Honestly, the ones I saw were the AC-130Es, which were armed as I initially described. I don't remember seeing any of the earlier versions up close. Just goes to show, though, I should have researched it 'fore I started running my mouth! Nothing quite like a mouthful of crow to bring on an onset of humility. (Envision my face a bit red...heh, heh)
    Last edited by beowulf; 04-22-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Well, your dead wrong with part of this. "Puff the magic dragon" (AC-47s) had mini guns. "Spooky", (AC 130s) has 20mm, one 40mm and a 105mm...NO MINI GUINS...if memory serves me correctly. Although it has been more than thirty years since I wore the uniform.
    How do I know? I've walked around them too many times to ever forget their armament. Even got to go aboard a couple of them. As far as it being a video game, I have to say it did look a big suspicious with whole bodies laying around after a 105 round detonation, but really can't say one way or the other. I have seen actual footage of what that 40mm can do, and it ain't for those with a weak stomach. Well, looks as if you and I are part right. The earlier AC-13os were armed with 4 7.62mm mini guns. Later versions , the mini guns were replaced with 4 20mm Vulcans. Armament has verified from inception to the latest versions. At any rate, you just sure as heck DON'T want to be on the receiving end of it. Would make for a real bad hair day, indeed! Seeing those mini guns in action is a real eye opener, but seeing a Vulcan in action would turn you into an instant millionaire...'cause you'd be sh*tting gold bricks by the pallet load! Honestly, the ones I saw were the AC-130Es, which were armed as I initially described. I don't remember seeing any of the earlier versions up close. Just goes to show, though, I should have researched it 'fore I started running my mouth! Nothing quite like a mouthful of crow to bring on an onset of humility. (Envision my face a bit red...heh, heh)
    the video is still bull**** - and I really don't give a rat's azz whether mini guns are still mounted or not these days ,,,,

Sorry guys, didn't realize it was a fake, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    "Spooky", (AC 130s) has 20mm, one 40mm and a 105mm...
    That was Spectre, the H version. Spooky II, the AC-130U replace the two 20mm with one 25MM.

The AC-130A did have Miniguns.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: