Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theft of necessary items under $750 no longer a crime in Dallas county

Default Theft of necessary items under $750 no longer a crime in Dallas county

How utterly ridiculous!

It was just announced from the head District Attorney in Dallas County Texas that they will no longer prosecute theft of necessary items under $750.

This is no joke. It basically just gave free reign to criminals in Dallas to steal as they wish. I expect this will make national news, be it soon due to this absurdity or later due to the rampant out of control theft.

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/..._April2019.pdf
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Many years ago I read a Sci-fi story about a future dystopia city. One feature was a "theft license." Criminals could acquire this and steal as they please, the police had to let them go, with their booty, if they were foolish enough to run them down.

I thought the idea was so silly it would never actually happen.

Thirty years later ...... here we are.

And....again ..... I need to buy more ammo.

Geeeesh.

I'm not sure I'm on the same planet I was born on. Is the sky still blue?
    Last edited by TommyGunn; 04-13-2019 at 11:21 PM.

I think I heard about that in a California city, but the limit was $1000. A recent candidate (who lost) for DA in San Diego wanted to make breaking and entering not a crime.......makes ya go.... huh?

This is a great strategy in California....get the criminals and their cohorts to vote you into office....even donate to ones campaign....!!!

Similar to getting people on public assistance to vote for certain candidates who want to increase public assistance. Pure politics of giving away the public purse and or making the public more vulnerable...to get votes.

Notice the public attorney did not say...that they would give the public more leeway to shoot people breaking and entering or stealing?? Why this could cut down on B&E and theft. That would be a tragedy....politically speaking.
    Why..........................that would put an attorney out of work..a judge too..how about police and jail keepers????? It would threaten a whole system dependent on criminal activity. Are you people crazy!!!??? Job security!!!!!???

California making their people more disposable and expendable.....to secure their political/social offices????? Making their people to take second, third, and fourth place in their own state???
    Ishmaelites at work????

My Non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 04-13-2019 at 12:24 PM.

If I catch anyone breaking in to my home, I will assume they are breaking in to cause harm and I WILL act on it.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Ask yourself WHY $ 750 ? Cannot possibly be an Arbitrary number.

You know where this is headed. Next will the push for"community bail", or no bail at all. Then, they'll decide that "jury of their peers" will be construed to mean that only those previously convicted should sit in judgement of anyone charged. Next, the criminal will only have to say that he was "triggered" by the sight of somebody's nice watch or phone and had no choice but to "liberate" it from the dirty capitalist.

How is this not against our constitution ????

This is a slippery slope straight down to loss of private ownership of anything.......
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Many jurisdictions do not prosecute shoplifting.

This is a step towards doing away with private property...

Money is property as confirmed in many many court cases.

They are not doing away with the property..but only the threshold at which it becomes private. They are incrementally doing away with the privateness of property.Note that this line on property can be moved by legislative decree.

Again...you are seeing Ishmaelites at work.

Be Warned....this will wax worse and worse...we are talking about Ishmaelites here.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Orangetom