Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have to love Texas

Default You have to love Texas

Subject: You have to love Texas

Dallas passes an insurance law:
    The City of Dallas, Texas, passed an ordinance stating that if a driver is pulled over by law enforcement and is not able to provide proof of insurance, the car is towed ..
    To retrieve the car after being impounded, they must show proof of insurance to have the car released. This has made it easy for the City of Dallas to remove uninsured cars.
    Shortly after the "No Insurance” ordinance was passed, the Dallas impound lots began to fill up and were full after only nine days. Over 80% of the impounded cars were driven by illegals.
    Now, not only must they provide proof of insurance to have their car released, they have to pay for the cost of the tow, a $350 fine, and $20 for every day their car is kept in the lot.
    Guess what?
    Accident rates have gone down 47% and Dallas' solution gets uninsured drivers off the road WITHOUT making them show proof of nationality.
    I wonder how the Democrats will get around this one .
    Just brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?

First I've heard of this...I say...Well Done Texas...Well done. This was sent to me in my E mail...by a friend.

What can you Texans on here add to this???

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

Will never happen in Austin Texas. I think Corpus Cristi has a similar ord.

Go Texas! €

How do they know they are illegals without checking proof of nationality? Just curious..
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

That should be nationwide
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

This is state wide in TN. except it's a $300 fine. I'm not sure how strongly it's enforced, but it is law.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

That's racist
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    How do they know they are illegals without checking proof of nationality? Just curious..
    They ask, but they can't/won't do anything about it. Dallas is a sanctuary city, and it's a mess.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

This law went into effect many years ago, and it is 100% true. Unfortunately, it did not take long for insurance companies to come up with a solution. You can now get an insurance policy without showing proof of a drivers license. Not all insurance companies do this, but there are plenty that do. I lived in the Dallas area for 18 dreadful years. Hated every day of it but had a really good job.

As far as Texas goes, everything truly is bigger here. Many people don’t realize just how large Texas is. Texas is so large that if you are in El Paso, you are closer to the Pacific Ocean than you are to Beaumont, and if you are in Beaumont you are closer to the Atlantic Ocean than to El Paso.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Liberals are always looking for and usually find loopholes to get around the law. That's what they do!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”