Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: favorite song ?

I'm gonna see kid rock with Hank Williams jr soon. Should be a good show.

Three come to mind right off: "Fighting side of me" by Merle Haggard; "A Country Boy Can Survive" by Hank Jr, and "You've got to Stand For Something or You'll Fall For Anything" by Aaron Tippin. Sort of fits my frame of mind these days.

If I started, I'd be here all day adding to the list. I have probably 300 songs tied for first place.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Three come to mind right off: "Fighting side of me" by Merle Haggard; "A Country Boy Can Survive" by Hank Jr, and "You've got to Stand For Something or You'll Fall For Anything" by Aaron Tippin. Sort of fits my frame of mind these days.
    Those are 3 good ones there Beo. I just heard a good oldey that i hadn't heard in a while - "Don't come home a drinking with lovin on your mind". They don't make em like Lorreta any more.....

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    If I started, I'd be here all day adding to the list. I have probably 300 songs tied for first place.
    I feel ya, I think I have about 9000 songs on my Ipod.....

The planets by Gustav Holst

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    The planets by Gustav Holst
    Some great music there. "Mars - Bringer of War" is a favorite. But all have something to recommend them!

My dad had the time life record set, like 30 big book like holders with 5 records each. We would play it on the high speed and choreograph dances to all the different planets. Night on Bald Mountain was on the other side

Today it's Marc Cohn "Walking in Memphis"

A couple weeks ago it was Gerry Rafferty "Baker Street"

A friend of mine from my old unit died last month. We used to hear Baker Street on the radio all the time in the barracks.
    We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Georg Wilhelm F. Hegel

Tight fitting jeans

-Conway Twitty
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat