Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appeals court plaintiff (me), vs defendant (her)

Default Appeals court plaintiff (me), vs defendant (her)

Got the final ruling from the Appeals court today. The defendant in my case filed an appeal to the ruling and judgment in my favor in the lawsuit I filed back in 2010. The appeals court ruled in my favor. It's finally over, plus she has been ordered to pay all legal fees and appeals court costs. FINALLY! Man, she dragged this mess out a loooong time against the inevitable.

Incase some of you don't remember or know the back story, this defendant defamed me on the Internet on her blog. I filed a defamation lawsuit against her after repeated attempts to get her to remove the untrue defamation. She refused. I took her to court. It ended up becoming a 12 panel jury trial. The jury was unanimous in their decision and awarded me 1 million dollars plus 5% anual interest on the unpaid judgment.

During collect of the judgment, I was able to prove her $400,000.00 home was not homestead as she claimed so the court awarded me the property. She filed an appeal. Actually, she filed 9 appeals for various frivolous claims and berated the district court and appeals court in the process. The appeals court assessed that her claims were frivolous and gave her warnings that she dismissed. Her deadline to file her brief was on March 24th this year. She continued to berate the court system rather than follow the rule of law. The appeals court followed through with a dismissal of her appeal and her statute of limitation has long passes.

The appeals court ordering her to turn over her property and pay all legal cost, came in yesterday and I recieved a copy this morning.

9 years of this mess she created is finally over.

My next step is to have her removed from the property by way of the Sherriff's Dept and put the property on the market.

Next step after that is to seize her overseas banks accounts and condo in Germany. This part will be a little more difficult but doable. With all the court documents I have gathered, it should not take near as long but, nonetheless, I will continue to persue until her debt is paid in full, including all legal fees and interests incurred. Bottom line, nearly 2 million dollars once it's all said and done before I release the judgment against her.

This is what happens when you jack with the wrong person!

It's kind of funny when you consider, during the court hearing, we were ordered to go to mediation. I offered an acceptable settlement of 150,000.00. She refused the offer and walked out of the mediation immediately. Really stupid move on her part!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Damn, Cam, it's mice to see the good guys win one once in a while.
    Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind disclosing it, are the results of this suit taxable, and if so will she have to pay 'em on top of all the rest?

She has to pay any and all expenses above the reward/judgment. Everything! She even has to pay me back the cost of filing fees.

It's a S.L.A.P. law that went into effect in 2011. I used it to my advantage.

I represented myself. No lawyer. It's called pro se. She had a lawyer the first three years of the litigation. He ditched her!
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 04-05-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Wow!

Good deal!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Awesome news Cammi. Glad to hear she crossed the wrong person.
    Last edited by bacpacker1513; 04-05-2019 at 09:24 PM.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Glad it's all over. (Deletes bad things I said about cammie on twitter)
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Congrats Cammie !!!!!

Awesome to see the good guy win, usually it's the frivilous that cash in.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Thanks y'all, and AK... Roflmao! That was cute!

Honestly though, I don't care if folks don't like me or wanna be shllty and talk smack but, don't accuse me of doing illegal crap and expect me to take it lying down! I guarantee I won't. I have a pretty good rep and i'll be damned if I'll let someone taint it!