Thread: On our local news channel

Default On our local news channel

Wow! Just WOW! There was a follow up report that showed some angry parents at a board meeting. The board is denying the story and calling the child a liar according to her father. I am sure she did not make this up.

HOLBROOK -

A Lake Ronkomkoma mother claims her daughter was not allowed to have President Donald Trump as her hero for a class assignment.

When sixth-graders at Samoset Middle School were assigned to pick a hero on whom they would write a report, 11-year-old Bella Moscato said her choice was a no-brainer.

"Donald Trump is my hero," she says.

The 45th U.S. president has been Bella's idol since she was 8 years old, which is why she dressed up as Trump for a third-grade class project. But Bella says when she told her sixth-grade teacher that Trump was her choice for the hero project, the teacher nixed the idea.

Bella says her teacher said Trump "spreads negativity and says bad stuff about women" in front of another teacher and students in the class. The teacher told her to pick another hero.

Bella's mother, Valerie Moscato, says she was outraged when her daughter called her from school about the incident. She says what the teacher did amounts to intimidation and censorship.

Arthur Moscato, the girl's father, says he can't believe someone would tell his daughter that the current U.S. president cannot be her hero.

Sachem Central School District Superintendent Dr. Kenneth Graham issued a statement to News 12 saying:

It is not accurate that this student was told that they were not allowed to conduct research or report on any individual for a school assignment, including President Trump. To the best of our knowledge, by choice the student is still conducting their project of President Trump.

The Moscatos say the superintendent's statement made matters worse.

"No one should make a child feel that way, and you're supposed to protect my child," says Arthur Moscato.

The issue was brought up at a school board meeting Wednesday night, but a board member said they cannot discuss the matter in a public session, but they would look into it.

The Moscatos say they want an apology from the teacher.

Yeah, that kind of censorship is happening all over. Humm, and they call Trump a NAZI dictator?
    I am so thankful I home schooled my kids! If those parents et al are smart, they will do the same... Our public school system is seriously tainted by the left...
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

we had a local school issue that made the national fake news last year - a grade schooler was called in to the principal's office for a discipline issue - he used his phone to record the meeting between him and several school personnel >>>> was arrested for the act - felony charges pressed by the school system ....

he said that he needed proof of what was said since he wasn't allowed to have anyone to represent him - and on previous occasions the school personnel later lied about what was said during these meetings >>>> the school system backed off after the whole affair hit the national news ....

here's something similiar - obvious that teacher is lying - has biased & prejudice against Prez Trump - now claiming this little girl is the liar >>>> Why would she?

Is public school now also become someone's private fiefdom...Kingdom?? A private nation to where we send our children and or grandchildren...not answerable to the parents...and called ....what....what do they teach.....??

Democracy????

What happened to the Republic???

This is what is become of the Democracy?? Bullying school children in someone's private fiefdom.??? Therein is your Russian/Soviet style collusion at work. Ishmaelites run amok.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Orangetom

A large can of whoop-ass, applied generously to the teacher, principal and entire school board, would seem most appropriate in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    A large can of whoop-ass, applied generously to the teacher, principal and entire school board, would seem most appropriate in this case.
    This is a very good use of an ass whoopin! And well deserved I do think.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I'm waiting on this to happen to my kid at school. He's not the kind of kid to push boundaries, but he's also very innocent and honest in his opinions, so he might just talk about making America great agin in passing. Lol. That's gonna be a fun day.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

When my daughter was in middle school, one of her teachers, a gay atheist , was talking about evolution. He made the mistake of asking my daughter a question , who informed him that man was created by God. They had a very heated argument over the topic, but he was smart enough to let it go. He knows me. I taught her well.

A teacher that is a gay atheist? Now how wrong is that to be teaching our children.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    A teacher that is a gay atheist? Now how wrong is that to be teaching our children.
    It is, unfortunately, the world we live in today, BP. I don't even recognize my country anynmore. Its no longer the one I grew up in.