Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Unscripted Moment

Default Amazing Unscripted Moment

Standing in the open front yard (west side of Fort Worth, TX) about an hour ago when I hear a fighter jet approaching at low altitude. Not sure why I did this, but as the fighter approached the airfield, I offered up a standard-issue military salute. Judging by the speed and flight path, I just assumed this jet was coming in for a landing at the local air base nearby. I hear and see them all day, almost every day.

The pilot must've spotted me from a distance. When the F-35 "Lightning" was almost overhead, the pilot gave me a dip of the wing, as if to say "I see ya down there, buddy". I saw him look down at me over his right wing. Of course, the moment lasted only a few seconds and there was no time to grab my camera, so I borrowed a pic from the archives.

As the official photographer for the Dayton Air Show for several years, I've photographed many aircraft down on the tarmac and met some of these heroes in person. For a fleeting moment I was overcome with emotion at this pilot's symbol of appreciation to some random dude on the ground....almost made my eyes leak a little.

For years, I have expressed my gratitude to local law enforcement and to our mighty military for everything they do to keep us safe and protect our way of life. Today, I witnessed karma overhead.

"Murica"

Makes one's leg tingle all the way down...just saying...
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

Wow. Got a chill........

Very cool CP. Just a bit of appreceation for the thanks you gave.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

That's awesome !

Very cool!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Makes ya proud to be American! Those guys in our military are gold! I love you all that served and are serving for our safety and rights! Thank you is never enough!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Bet you couldn't wipe that smile off your face 😁
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

That would definitely be an incredible moment, to say the least.

The F-35 is supposed to be making an appearance this weekend at an air show an hour or two south of you off of I-35. They should be out practicing tomorrow and Friday. Ill go to work a little early so I can sit and watch them for a while.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Ready 4 reset View Post
    Bet you couldn't wipe that smile off your face 😁
    I'll remember those few seconds for a long time to come.