Thread: What’s Johnny been doing

Default What’s Johnny been doing

Hidey Ho Good neighbors.

Well I Havnt been around much (save the applause for later)

In December I joined an urban search team here in my town. Been doing a whole lot of training. IC stuff. Man Tracking. Theory of a lost person. Youth Mental health first aid. Working in tandem with K-9 assets. Hope to have my own dog puppy in the next 5 years

I am also now a certified electronic tracker for a program called Project Life Saver
    It’s for at risk adults and children. Go look it up. Dang good program with over 3000 “finds”

Anywho. I hadn’t pestered anyone in a while

Peace, love and bbq
    🤟✌️
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    Hidey Ho Good neighbors.

Well I Havnt been around much (save the applause for later)

In December I joined an urban search team here in my town. Been doing a whole lot of training. IC stuff. Man Tracking. Theory of a lost person. Youth Mental health first aid. Working in tandem with K-9 assets. Hope to have my own dog puppy in the next 5 years

I am also now a certified electronic tracker for a program called Project Life Saver
    It’s for at risk adults and children. Go look it up. Dang good program with over 3000 “finds”

Anywho. I hadn’t pestered anyone in a while

Peace, love and bbq
    🤟✌️

that electronic tracking can be essential >>> we had a massive manhunt last weekend for a 20 yr old autistic that ran away from home - had to bring in tons of people, vehicles and a few helicopters >>> a chip would have come in handy ...

Oh hell yes. So
    Many resources. So
    Much safety

So it’s a “wrist” band. Can be put on ankle. Batteries last 2 months. 100 💯 water proof I.e. shower and bath proof
    We have battery changing teams that go out every month just to insure continuity
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Is the wrist/ankle band cell/GPS based or is it more like a Ham Fox hunt, with directional antennas or ??

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Is the wrist/ankle band cell/GPS based or is it more like a Ham Fox hunt, with directional antennas or ??

It’s directional and Omni Antenna.

Each bracelet has its own frequency. So we input the clients frequency into the receiver then we hone in on location with a handheld unit.
    So we get the call. Input it into receiver with an omni antenna on car/truck roof and head to last place seen.
    Receiver has 3 modes. Start on “long” mode
    When you get a competent hit you unhook from the Omni antenna and go to ground with the hand unit. At this point it’s a directional antenna. And you switch to medium or short mode on the handheld unit.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    It’s directional and Omni Antenna.

Each bracelet has its own frequency. So we input the clients frequency into the receiver then we hone in on location with a handheld unit.
    So we get the call. Input it into receiver with an omni antenna on car/truck roof and head to last place seen.
    Receiver has 3 modes. Start on “long” mode
    When you get a competent hit you unhook from the Omni antenna and go to ground with the hand unit. At this point it’s a directional antenna. And you switch to medium or short mode on the handheld unit.
    Informative, Thank You

We have very few things remaining that brings a community together why ruin it with technology?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Sounds like a cool system and super helpful when needed.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13