Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expendability and disposability of people for political/social gain.

May God have mercy on us indeed
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Perhaps this is your figure of speech Backpacker 1513...but I differ here...and I will try to make this distinction...

But I still feel like it comes down to developing your own understanding.

My understanding is that we are to not develop our own understanding..for that is what the left does in everything. And in this they counterfeit unto bondage..Ishmael.

We are to understand Him..and what he intended for us. For this is where the Children of Israel made their mistake....in developing their own understanding and went after the world...and the world's way by their own understanding and knew this not. They had gone a whoring....Ishmael...after strange gods.
    And for this ..going their own way and understanding over ..and over..and over.. ...the Children of Israel lost the land by 70AD.

A Believer is to understand what He intended for us....not our own understanding. This is an important distinction and to me many of the churches today are doing exactly what Israel did in Olde Testament times..gone a whoring...after other gods. And to those of us who know both Olde and New Testaments it shows in many churches out there today.

We are to understand Him...His Way ...and not our own understanding. For this we study diligently ...and even check up on our ministers to insure they are teaching the Whole Council of God...not just their understanding. Line upon line...precept upon precept.

And yes...may God give us strength for what is coming...

Yes....May God give us Mercy...

Mercy ..one of His names among many names for Him.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-31-2019 at 09:18 AM.

OT, I do not have a way with words. So forgive my writing organization. I agree with you that we are to understand God's way. My point was that we are to study to make that happen.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Got it backpacker...thanks for clarifying.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.