Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From my broken heart

Our prayers and condolences are with you and yours friend.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

I'm so sorry for your loss, you will be in prayers here.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Beo :

Waking up to this truly breaks my heart. I know you not that well my friend but I know from our post that you're a man of strong character and will. There's no words capable to express to how I feel other than Sandy is your soul mate just as Patty is mine . As long as she's in your thoughts she'll always be by your side.

May the love between you & Sandy for 49 years be that which gives you peace and strength until you meet again. Remember we are all here for you.

Prayers to you and your family.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Beo - very sorry to hear... her suffering has ended, but not yours... Good luck and strength to you in the days ahead - they'll be difficult no doubt. Just keep looking up, and moving forward, as best you can. It will take time, but it will get better.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

My thoughts and prayers are with you sir.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

As time goes by the grief and pain will lessen, but not the hollow place that is now in my heart. I know that time, and my Lord, will make it easier to move forward. Sandy told me sometime back, after we learned about the pancreatic cancer, that she didn't want me to grieve my life away. She wanted me to be happy and enjoy the rest of my life. The only way I know to truly honor her and our happiness is to do just exactly that. To give you just one example of the gracious lady she was, several times she would come home from work and say "I hope you won't be upset at what I did today. There was someone (elder person or someone with a sick child or some such) who couldn't afford their medicine, so I paid for it for them." I told her that rather than making me upset it made me so extremely proud of her. She didn't have a scrap of prejudice in her body. She didn't see color, she just saw people. Now, she didn't cotton at all to lazy, sorry bums who wouldn't carry their load. So, the personal code by which I've always governed my self is never lie, cheat, steal. Always honor a promise. When I give someone my word, or promise them something, how I stand by that and honor it...no matter the inconvenience to me. My word, or my promise, is more binding on me than all the legal contracts all the lawyers in the world could ever draw up. Moreover, how I conduct myself tells not only the kind of person I am, but about the kind of people my mom and dad are/were. And that's how I've always felt about Sandy and our children. To do ANYTHING that would bring shame and embarrassment upon them was and is just simply unthinkable. I guess the Lord guided my pretty well and I was wise enough to listen...most of the time. Because when I consider the kind of people our daughters and our grand daughter have grown into, I suppose Sandy and I must have set a pretty good example. Sandy and I shared a love that transcends description or definition. What I am, and my career success in the Air Force I attribute in LARGE part to her. Her support to me was unfailing. Her council always filled with wisdom...and thank God I was smart enough to listen to her. She was truly one of a kind. We were each one half of the same soul. Time to time one is blessed enough to truly finds one's soul mate. And I found mine. I believe I can honestly say I will never marry again. I gave her everything I had...and more, and she returned it in kind...many times over. Many times when I'd tell her I loved her she would reply with I love you more. I would say no way...maybe as much but never more. That's just impossible. I can't even remember the last time there was cross word spoken between us. We disagreed at times, but rather than argue and get all huffy we talked, and each of always saw wisdom in the others thoughts on the subject at hand. I'll probably never take my wedding ring off because in my heart I'll always be married to, who to me, was the most wonderful and loving woman who ever walked on this earth. Yes, time will make it better. But I'm not certain the pain will ever go completely away. And I'm sorry to bore all of you. I just needed to talk. And I warn you, I may have more later. So brace yourselves. (chuckle) Seriously, All of you are so very wonderful. I love everyone of you dearly.

Brother talk all you want to, need to. You aren't boring anyone. A love as deep your yours doesn't come along very often these days. It's good that others hear about it and realize how things should be. I know of at least a couple others on here that are working that same love, maybe just not for as long.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Keep it coming pal
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

You just brought a tear to my eye brother. Can't tell you how many times my wife has told me " I love you " , and my response is , " I love you more " . God bless you and your loving wife . You will meet again.