Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2020.. Be very prepared!!!

Interesting. Thanks
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Illinois Warrior...

I just read that the Lincoln strike group is going to the middle east..not to Venezuela.

https://apnews.com/c13d7c2ce4a1429bad83d5482f9193f3

Not sure what coverage we have off Venezuela.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite

[QUOTE=Illini Warrior;766357]
    Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    I noticed it. Lincoln was the last carrier fueled/refueled/overhauled here. It has two brand new fuel cores in the reactors.

But carriers are what someone wants the world to see..the big stick so to speak. But they are not the deadliest thing out there.

When one takes the gloves off...the deadliest thing out there is a submarine.

How many submarines do you suppose we have off Venezuela???

the last I heard the deadliest subs were all still in the Pacific - the four boomers they converted to all cruise missiles are the really bad boys of the block when it comes to conventional side of war ...

I've been surprised that the Iwo Jima or one of her sisters haven't been moved - even if the troops aren't used the helicopters would be handy ...

Illinois Warrior,

I don't know if anyone has ever told you but every Virginia Class submarine carries up to 12 tomahawk missiles loaded out in their vertical Launch system. So too the older Los Angeles class submarines....those with the updates. There are a lot of Los Angeles class submarines still patrolling the seas....as they are replaced with the latest of the Virginia class boats.

Also the Tomahawk system is also now carried on the fast frigates ..surface ships... Some in foreword launch clusters...and on other ships of this class both foreward and aft clusters.
    These fast frigates...often patrol as part of the carrier strike force as protection for the carriers.

Lots of tomahawks out there on patrol....daily.

But yes...those four ex boomers outfitted with tomahawks are formidable...indeed. Problem is there are only four of them and often up to two will be in a shipyard undergoing repair and or refueling at any one time.

These other boats and ships mentioned make up the difference.

I think they sometimes refer to those tomahawk outfitted ex boomers as arsenal ships....and they are very quiet ...like any good submarine and crew...until quietness makes no difference.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

[QUOTE=orangetom1999;766363]
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post

Illinois Warrior,

I don't know if anyone has ever told you but every Virginia Class submarine carries up to 12 tomahawk missiles loaded out in their vertical Launch system. So too the older Los Angeles class submarines....those with the updates. There are a lot of Los Angeles class submarines still patrolling the seas....as they are replaced with the latest of the Virginia class boats.

Also the Tomahawk system is also now carried on the fast frigates ..surface ships... Some in foreword launch clusters...and on other ships of this class both foreward and aft clusters.
    These fast frigates...often patrol as part of the carrier strike force as protection for the carriers.

Lots of tomahawks out there on patrol....daily.

But yes...those four ex boomers outfitted with tomahawks are formidable...indeed. Problem is there are only four of them and often up to two will be in a shipyard undergoing repair and or refueling at any one time.

These other boats and ships mentioned make up the difference.

I think they sometimes refer to those tomahawk outfitted ex boomers as arsenal ships....and they are very quiet ...like any good submarine and crew...until quietness makes no difference.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

there's something like 40+ missiles on the converted boomers - I'm guessing there's 10 "specials" ready to go during normal times >>> if all four were sitting offshore of North Korea they could blunt an invasion all by themselves with the correct target selection ....

[QUOTE=Illini Warrior;766366]
    Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post

there's something like 40+ missiles on the converted boomers - I'm guessing there's 10 "specials" ready to go during normal times >>> if all four were sitting offshore of North Korea they could blunt an invasion all by themselves with the correct target selection ....
    There are some 7 missiles per tube...times 22 tubes. Two tubes are special for the teams...that makes some 154 plus tomahawks.

The tomahawk has certain of selected warhead types available...or adaptable to it. I need not say more.

I worked on this system a lot on the Los Angeles attack boats when they were being built here.

This is a very dangerous system to be working on because these tubes open and close very very quietly. You must have your wits on or about you and know certain features of how to check the safeties when working in this area...they really are very very quiet when they open and or close....and so by design.

I've worked on it on the Virginia class boats too. Same thing...you must have your wits on or about you when working in this area.

Something is going on in the middle east and Gaza......something is going down. I shall have to check the news formats today.

Thanks,

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 05-07-2019 at 03:38 PM.

The whole Gaza thing is BS Iran gave the word and the Arabs started being stupid. Ramadan also just started and the Arabs act crazier than normal during that time. I do like the fact that the U.S. is moving a whole carrier group to the Straights. Iran has made many threats against U.S. personnel and Oil shipping. The bomber groups deploying to Deago Garcia should also let them know of the shift in policy. What everyone is looking for is the Hezbollah in Lebanon and Syria to start a war and Gaza also doing the same with the 5th column in the Judea and Samaria. The last time I knew anything, keeping in mind I forget things. The big subs the U.S. run are Nuclear and not so quite. If you have a satellite in space with thermal you can see where all the nuclear boats are in the Ocean. Under the Polar Ice cap is the one exception I do believe. The hotter the signature the more likely its a Russian boat, less heat shielding. I seem to remember certain boats having something like 28 tubes. Tomahawk or Harpoon type missiles I can't seem to remember the difference. They can have multi war heads. I don't recall how many. The Israeli non nuclear boats also have about the same capabilities. They have several who stay near and dear to the biggest threats. The Arabs have OKed a "hudna" which is a half time. They are waiting for the others to get ready. I guess we are gonna see what we are gonna see.

Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    The whole Gaza thing is BS Iran gave the word and the Arabs started being stupid. Ramadan also just started and the Arabs act crazier than normal during that time. I do like the fact that the U.S. is moving a whole carrier group to the Straights. Iran has made many threats against U.S. personnel and Oil shipping. The bomber groups deploying to Deago Garcia should also let them know of the shift in policy. What everyone is looking for is the Hezbollah in Lebanon and Syria to start a war and Gaza also doing the same with the 5th column in the Judea and Samaria. The last time I knew anything, keeping in mind I forget things. The big subs the U.S. run are Nuclear and not so quite. If you have a satellite in space with thermal you can see where all the nuclear boats are in the Ocean. Under the Polar Ice cap is the one exception I do believe. The hotter the signature the more likely its a Russian boat, less heat shielding. I seem to remember certain boats having something like 28 tubes. Tomahawk or Harpoon type missiles I can't seem to remember the difference. They can have multi war heads. I don't recall how many. The Israeli non nuclear boats also have about the same capabilities. They have several who stay near and dear to the biggest threats. The Arabs have OKed a "hudna" which is a half time. They are waiting for the others to get ready. I guess we are gonna see what we are gonna see.

if the Iranians transferred those anti-ship missiles to the Yemen rebels - there's an immediate bombing mission coming up - the rebels have taken pot shots at US naval vessels previously and Iran was warned specifically about it ....

And the pot just continues to simmer...probably getting a lot closer to the boiling point. So much going on in the Middle East its getting a bit unsettling. Then, back here at home, there is the democrats and republicrats who are so bent on unseating Trump from the Presidency they probably don't have a clue as to what's going on in the rest of the world. They suffer from a severe case of tunnel vision and they have only one goal. I woke up with a terribly uneasy feeling in my gut this morning. How long before the pressure builds to the point it blows the lid of the pot? Heaven help us!!!

seems like the troublemakers (Hamas, Hezbolla - ultimately Iran) will try and overwhelm Israel with attacks from Lebanon and Gaza at the same time trying to stretch out the IDF. Like the recent simultaneous barrage trying to overwhelm Iron Dome (with some success).

maybe the same kind of hysterical reaction we are seeing from the deep state vs trump.

just like the deep state knows Trump is coming for them, the jihadists know Trump is about to unveil a "peace plan" that is going to get forced upon Hamas, Hezbolla, and the PLO.

just like China is finding out about how Trump negotiates.

Jesus! Bottom line.. We are about to embark on a WW3 opening and all of those idiots in DC, fixated on back and forth drama, ARE NOT paying attention! They all need a swift kick in the head. SCREW ALL THAT HOKEY DC DRAMA! It has NO MERIT! Stop fu@king with OUR lives! Get to work and EARN your damn elected right to govern.... ASSHOLES!!!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.