Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2020.. Be very prepared!!!

Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    Have a great dinner......Steak/Salad/Baked Potato = my favorite meal!

And watch yer back.....I always sit facing the door so I can see who's coming in, just a weirdness of mine I guess......I've been told I'm over vigilant.....
    Sooo, I'm not the only who took lessons from Bill Hickock's untimely demise. I NEVER sit with my back to the door. Sandy was, at first, a bit concerned with me "packing" when we went out to eat. Said carrying open holster would make me one of the first targets. I told her there was certainly that to consider, but if some nut came in and starting shooting he place up I had no intentions of hiding under the table hoping they would run out of ammo before they got to us. Further, my training was to take the fight to them, not wait for them to come to me. She didn't say anything else after that, just accepted that where I went my pistol went also.
    Last edited by beowulf; 05-01-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Bambam,

Agree...I usually like and or prefer to do it myself. Seldom do I get a good steak when going out.

But this place did up a decent steak...medium....rib eye...baked potato and the salad was very good. Kept the iced tea and iced water coming.

This place is called Longhorn Steakhouse. I will not be going back anytime soon...prefer to use my gas grill out back..but I will remember that they did a decent steak.

I did sit where I could watch the entrance...and tried not to make any suspicious moves or to be noticed...but I usually keep my eyes moving when out and about ..it is a habit developed over the years. Had dinner some years ago with a policeman and his wife. He noticed it quickly. Not something I ever thought much about until he said something. I'd just naturally been doing it. Apparently people in the trade..pick up on that kind of thing quickly.

But it was a good steak...and a nice time with my lady friends family. Her oldest son's birthday. I gave him an Englehard Prospector one ounce pure silver round coin.
    He needs to be thinking about PM's in his preps.

I was too full for any dessert and don't usually eat any kind of dessert until much later after things have digested a bit. I prefer to fill up on the main course....then much later ...dessert..or dessert and coffee.

One of the few times you will see me being much of a social butterfly so to speak...in a small private crowd.

The S&W model 57 is put away and so too the speed loaders and wallet ammo. Don't carry it often as it is a big piece....glad now to be going back to my Ruger GP 100 in .357...or even more compact the .40 cal S&W.

Failing all of that ... I will carry one of John Browning's finest.....the 1911.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

Footnote...I am not interested in the news about what is Happening in Venezuela...

I don't think we need to be getting involved in another nations issues. We've done too much of that over the years.

We do not need more of our people dying for other nations who often..years later...turn on us.

The media is drowning us in what is happening down there...and with predictability. Someone wants us to get ...involved....the same olde "Usual suspects." Maneuvering the public to go along.

Glad you enjoyed your steak, salad and baked potato OT.. I have a hard time finding places that I let cook my food. I much prefer to get my meat cut the way I want it and cook it myself. I did take my mother to this Mahogany steak place. Expensive, but one of the best steaks outside of doing myself. My mother had the buffalo and cook great. They even had the grilled asparagus done right... I carry habitually every where. Most of my friends that know me all carry and might be a little crazier than me...I find that I like to carry super lights pistols when its warm out. If I'm wearing a vest or coat or more than one shirt I carry the large autos. Some insanely good looking women in Venezuela!!! They have had a large number of Miss Universe winners. I like what Trump said complete embargo and sanctions on the Cuban military and the Island state if they continue. No mention of us going in to deal with it. Columbia on the other hand gets lots of Dinero from U.S. and might be persuaded to do a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Bambam,

Agree...I usually like and or prefer to do it myself. Seldom do I get a good steak when going out.

But this place did up a decent steak...medium....rib eye...baked potato and the salad was very good. Kept the iced tea and iced water coming.

This place is called Longhorn Steakhouse. I will not be going back anytime soon...prefer to use my gas grill out back..but I will remember that they did a decent steak.

I did sit where I could watch the entrance...and tried not to make any suspicious moves or to be noticed...but I usually keep my eyes moving when out and about ..it is a habit developed over the years. Had dinner some years ago with a policeman and his wife. He noticed it quickly. Not something I ever thought much about until he said something. I'd just naturally been doing it. Apparently people in the trade..pick up on that kind of thing quickly.

But it was a good steak...and a nice time with my lady friends family. Her oldest son's birthday. I gave him an Englehard Prospector one ounce pure silver round coin.
    He needs to be thinking about PM's in his preps.

I was too full for any dessert and don't usually eat any kind of dessert until much later after things have digested a bit. I prefer to fill up on the main course....then much later ...dessert..or dessert and coffee.

One of the few times you will see me being much of a social butterfly so to speak...in a small private crowd.

The S&W model 57 is put away and so too the speed loaders and wallet ammo. Don't carry it often as it is a big piece....glad now to be going back to my Ruger GP 100 in .357...or even more compact the .40 cal S&W.

Failing all of that ... I will carry one of John Browning's finest.....the 1911.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

Footnote...I am not interested in the news about what is Happening in Venezuela...

I don't think we need to be getting involved in another nations issues. We've done too much of that over the years.

We do not need more of our people dying for other nations who often..years later...turn on us.

The media is drowning us in what is happening down there...and with predictability. Someone wants us to get ...involved....the same olde "Usual suspects." Maneuvering the public to go along.

There's a Longhorn Steak House near me. They do EXCELLENT steaks! Some of the cowboy western artwork is a bit overdone and one painting....ugh .... the artist did great with color, subject and style, but his sense of perspective is that of a 2 year old.

I alway felt I should be wearing pair of drop holsters with Colt Peacemakers, bullet loops laden with .45 Colt rounds, a black vest and black 10 gallon hat going in there. But that's the cliche in me talking ......

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    There's a Longhorn Steak House near me. They do EXCELLENT steaks! Some of the cowboy western artwork is a bit overdone and one painting....ugh .... the artist did great with color, subject and style, but his sense of perspective is that of a 2 year old.

I alway felt I should be wearing pair of drop holsters with Colt Peacemakers, bullet loops laden with .45 Colt rounds, a black vest and black 10 gallon hat going in there. But that's the cliche in me talking ......
    And don't forget the bull whip. ( I was a big Lash LaRue fan.)

Ha-ha! Good point. I shall have to invest in a bull whip!!!!

interesting article vis a vis Iran

basically says that a high ranking Iranian General has defected and alerted the US (who then alerted Israel) of upcoming Iranian actions.
    author implies what is happening in Gaza is linked to that.
    as well as our dispatching carriers to the region
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On April 23rd, a huge story went mostly unnoticed as former Iranian Brigadier General Ali Nasiri from the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) allegedly defected to the United States through an embassy in the region. He had with him a treasure trove of documents related to Iranian military and intelligence plans.

Though neither the Iranians nor the Americans have officially confirmed the defection, events that followed an April 11 meeting in which Nasiri reported came to blows with Hossein Taeb, head of the IRGC Intelligence Organization, seem to support the claim. Nasiri reportedly left the meeting prematurely and then did not show up to work. Soon after it was reported he may have fled the country to another Persian state to claim asylum with the United States.

Iran confirmed that Nasiri was no longer in charge of his intelligence unit, replaced by Brigadier General Fathollah Jomeiri

Iran reacted furiously to the new American measure and threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz a narrow waterway in the Persian Gulf where 18 million barrels of oil pass through each day.

This accounts for 30 percent of the world’s oil supply and a closure of the waterway could result in a worldwide economic crisis since the price of Brent crude oil is already at a six-months high.

In reaction to the Iranian threats US Special Representative for Iran Brian Hook assured the public that the US military will keep the waterway open at all costs.

“The US military will fly, sail and operate wherever international law allows, that’s partly to ensure protection of the global commons so that it can be safe for commercial and non-commercial traffic,” Hook said during a press conference.

Whatever is happening with Iran, this doesn’t appear to be standard saber rattling. A high-ranking intelligence officer for Iran may have spilled the beans on something huge planned, huge enough to put us in a wartime posture. Stay frosty.

https://noqreport.com/2019/05/06/bri...y-coincidence/

little notice made of the Lincoln carrier group being sent to Venezuela >>>>> Putin riding herd over that mess ....

Little Fat Boy takes an armored train ride to see Putin >>>> comes back and starts firing off missiles again and raising the rancor ....

now >>>> another couple of Russian proxies raising hell in the Middle East ...

is the Ukraine next? >>>> or is that the intended target?

little notice made of the Lincoln carrier group being sent to Venezuela
    I noticed it. Lincoln was the last carrier fueled/refueled/overhauled here. It has two brand new fuel cores in the reactors.

But carriers are what someone wants the world to see..the big stick so to speak. But they are not the deadliest thing out there.

When one takes the gloves off...the deadliest thing out there is a submarine.

How many submarines do you suppose we have off Venezuela???

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

[QUOTE=orangetom1999;766354]I noticed it. Lincoln was the last carrier fueled/refueled/overhauled here. It has two brand new fuel cores in the reactors.

But carriers are what someone wants the world to see..the big stick so to speak. But they are not the deadliest thing out there.

When one takes the gloves off...the deadliest thing out there is a submarine.

How many submarines do you suppose we have off Venezuela???

the last I heard the deadliest subs were all still in the Pacific - the four boomers they converted to all cruise missiles are the really bad boys of the block when it comes to conventional side of war ...

I've been surprised that the Iwo Jima or one of her sisters haven't been moved - even if the troops aren't used the helicopters would be handy ...