Thread: Army Vet To Be Buries Alone - Public Urged to Attend

Default Army Vet To Be Buries Alone - Public Urged to Attend

A U.S. veteran with no known family has passed away, and his community is asking for the public to attend his funeral so he won’t be buried alone.

U.S. Army Spc. Hugh Gary Bryan passed away recently and authorities did not discover any next of kin to notify, so he has been declared an “Unaccompanied Veteran” with no one expected to attend his funeral, according to the Texas General Land Office.

Services for Bryan will be held Wednesday, Feb. 27, at 11:00 a.m. at the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen, Texas.

I'll be leaving the DFW area early Wednesday with a full bag of camera gear to document the ceremony from a distance...have room for one or two more in the truck, if anyone wants to make it a day trip)

Link to the article here : https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...1RTZRRL7CGAKxQ

Wish I could be there. God bless him !!!!

I may be able to get free. Store manager flew the coup last week. Amazing how far she had let things go, like she checked out about a month ago.

Last one of these I think several thousand showed up. Maybe Patriot Guard Riders is going, as well.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I may be able to get free. Store manager flew the coup last week. Amazing how far she had let things go, like she checked out about a month ago.

Last one of these I think several thousand showed up. Maybe Patriot Guard Riders is going, as well.
    Would be great to meet you, put a face to the posts I'll be the gray-haired guy with the long telephoto lens mostly lurking around the edges (out of respect for the occasion).

I’ve got 2 relatives in that cemetery. It would be nice to visit them again, but I have a tendency to break down every time I hear Taps being played.

We have “professional development” that morning at work that is supposed to end at 10:15. That would not leave me with enough time to get there before 11.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    It would be nice to visit them again, but I have a tendency to break down every time I hear Taps being played.
    I have a similar reaction... makes it hard to focus the camera when your eyes are leaking... but I want to document the event to the best of my ability, especially if any relatives happen to attend.