Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A week without heat....

Living in an area where it dips below freezing just a few times a year, Heat is typically on the back burner of my priorities(yes, dry humor intended). The place we are currently living in is all electric, and so has the last couple of places that we have owned. We have a couple of electric space heaters should we loose power(I can run them off the generator), then there is the Little Buddy propane heater(safe for indoor use) and a dozen or so small propane canisters, and my last source of heat is very inefficient which is a pair of 12 volt windshield defrosters. They pull about 15 amps each and only put out enough heat to take the chill out of a VERY small room, like a closet.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Electric heaters are great for emergency heat for when your furnace is on the blink or cases where you might need occasional extra heat in a room. Electric resistance heaters are also the most expensive of heat sources normally. All electric heaters provide the exact same efficiency no matter the design, a 1500 watt model gives about 5000 btu's of heat.

I can't see ever living without a wood stove.
    (Backup if nothing else.)