Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CBD oil for my old buddy duke.

Default CBD oil for my old buddy duke.

Anyone ever deal with CBD oil. My dog 9 year old gsd seems to be sore. Not sure ware. He still jumps up on the bed. And runs around and plays. But I think he's alot like me. He runs around like a young pup and feels it the next few days. I was thinking of trying CBD oil for he and I. Anyone try it? Work? It's legal in my ao. And I have heard great reviews. I don't smoke weed. And CBD saposedly will not cause any sort of high. Basically works as a anti inflammation med.

CBD is all over the place now. Do your research cause there are many BS products out there. My sister tried the oil and it did nothing for her. I researched that and a few other products and was not convinced they would perform as advertised.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Ready 4 reset View Post
    CBD is all over the place now. Do your research cause there are many BS products out there. My sister tried the oil and it did nothing for her. I researched that and a few other products and was not convinced they would perform as advertised.
    Agree with that ready, and I'm glad driftz started this post. I've been researching it also but it seems there are a lot of products out there that don't do the job they claim. They say the stuff from California with high THC content is really good, but I would like to hear from someone who has actually tried it with success. Some sellers actually say " non-THC " , so I am confused about which is more effective.

I mean I could bake him some weed dog treats...lol he would be like...dude I can't feel my paws...lol

Wife has multiple ailments, mostly due to injuries suffered from a couple of car wrecks years ago. Neck is in a cage, artificial shoulder, etc. More than enough pain to go around. Due to a birth defect she can't take motrin type drugs, pain killers make her puke violently. She got a jar of CBD cream and a rollerball of the oil while we were in Florida. She has found if she uses the cream once or twice a day it helps some with the pain. The roller ball seems to be needed more often, but is small and easy to keep in her purse. We have witnessed no side effects at all.
    I have no doubt there are varying degrees of potentcy like everything else. But if you can find a reputable supply, I would recommend trying it. Let me know how it works on your dog if you do. We might try it on ours as well.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

He's not in major pain. We just played a good 20 minutes of ruff housing. Wrestling around. He likes it still. But he sorta whines alot. Going up long steps. I thought maybe some hip dysplasia. But he still gets around good for the most part.

But if he's is in some pain, maybe a small dose a couple times a week would help him feel better.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Can't hurt. I got a friend who owns a army surplus store. He gives it to his dog and swears by it. He's my age and very active still. Says he tried it and it loosened him up big time. Years of go ruck races and martial arts were releived

I think his pain is like my pain. Work all day and work out hard. Play hard.. your gonna hurt weather you sit around and do nothing or run your ass ragged. Hes an amazing hard dog. He's barking at the mail man a block away cuz he knows a truck is near by. I plan on getting a gsd puppy soon so he can pass the torch. Teach him the ways.
    Last edited by driftz240; 02-11-2019 at 08:57 PM.

I don't know if it is the same thing or from the same base...but before My Lady Friend passed....I would rub some kind of paste on her feet...and she told me as I was rubbing it in that it was derived from Marijuana. I was stunned....because if we get into some kind of accident at work we are required to pee in the bottle or even draw blood....to find out what kind of unauthorized drugs we might have in our system.

I don't know much about drugs or even how long such stuff stays in the blood stream..but I have such concerns.

I was rubbing it in as she told me what is was and I was a bit shocked. It came in some kind of small tin...sort of like a wax or cream in a tin. She told me you can buy it across the counter now days.

I gather that it is some kind of mild sedative...in the way it works.

Nonetheless...should we be involved in an accident such as a crane accident ...I am concerned as I have no idea how long this stuff stays in ones system.

It has been a couple of weeks now since I rubbed it on her feet.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Orangetom

cbd shouldent even show up on a whizquiz. since there is no thc. its some other part of the plant. maybe some mix thc with it is legal states