Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBD oil for my old buddy duke.

From what I've read some products have small amounts in them. Some do not. Like you Tom, I cant take chances so I either dont help her with it, or wear some nitrile gloves when I do.
    Last edited by bacpacker1513; 02-12-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

My wife has fibroMyalgia which, in extreme cases, has made her almost incapacitated the day following a big physical project. She finds the HempOil really helps with inflamation to the point where she doesn't hardly feel the pain any longer. A few drops under her tongue.

In retirement, we may grow our own to save money...CBD isn't cheap !

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    cbd shouldent even show up on a whizquiz. since there is no thc. its some other part of the plant. maybe some mix thc with it is legal states

I have no idea about drugs as they have never been a big part of my life...even alcohol...though I have plenty of alcohol around here...just never took much to drink unless I was feeling ill.

We have been getting rid of her meds and apparently there is some strong stuff in those plastic bottles. Something called oxy codine or something like that ....ambien ..I think....just getting rid of it to make sure the wrong people don't get to it.

I was a bit stunned to find out how many people want someone else's drugs..apparently they are the good stuff. I just don't normally think that way ..nor want to live that way ...drugs.

I have no idea what has THC and does not....I keep saying I need to get out more......but there is a serious side to it....being a sort of hermit...and not knowing these things.

But thanks for the update.

Oh..and Backpacker 1513....you are correct about wearing the gloves when messing with that stuff......thanks for that update too.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-12-2019 at 08:47 AM.

If i were in pain or had cancer, id give weed a shot. I dont do drugs..well alcohol and coffee

I haven't taken any pain meds since I was broadsided 6 years ago with 17 broken bones. They gave me Oxycotin, I tried a pill at a time twice, and hated the results....nausea, hot/cold, dizziness, so I didn't take any more. My MIL said she needed the pills for herself...evidently her MS pain was worse than my sahttered ribs, foot, and pelvis.

Last July I woke up and my hands would not close. I lost all strength in them. Pain developed in my arms shoulders and back. I didn't want to even move my arms an inch because the pain was so bad. I went to the ER, was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and put on prednizone. I didn't like it at all and tried a cbd oil that was sold locally. It did not work but had glycerin and other ingredients. I ended up looking at reviews of cbd oil and found Highland Pharms was highly recommended. I just purchased more oil today. I use the Max + 1250 hemp oil drops. They help tremendously. I am not on prednizone. The only drawback is that one bottle is $126! It lasts a little less than a month.

My wife has issues with chronic pain and her doctor has endorsed the use of CBD oil to treat it. She reports it helps a lot and reduces the need for other medication. One of our dogs has a joint issue with forelegs and the vet has also endorsed it for that, again, it appears to help.

My wife has some salve in a tin (such as OT mentions) and that salve does contain some THC. Not enough to get a "high" but enough to be relaxing and reduce muscle cramping and stiffness. I am also in OT's situation with an employer who has a zero tolerance policy and can test at any time they want. Consequently, if she needs me to apply it to her back, I have to don gloves. The black nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight fit me well and seem to do the job of keeping it from coming into contact with my skin. I switched to nitrile after the latex gloves I bought a 100 pk of, basically rotted away in storage in about 12-18 months. I always wash up with dish soap immediately after stripping off the gloves, to be on the safe side.

OT when I had my employment test 11 years ago they took a hair sample, that gets them a total history from whenever the hair began growing. So for most people, 3-6 months. Wiz quiz or blood will be shorter - Not sure what they are these days. Mind your p's & q's for a few months, you'll be ok.

If a certain brand appears not to work - try another, and another - certain processes and certain varieties of source plant do affect how the medication works. Then again, different people have different receptors... a med that works for patient A may fail for patient B, but a different variety works for patient B. It's very hit & miss, trial & error.
    Last edited by bruss01; 02-12-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

I have been using CBD oil for a few months now for herniated discs and spinal damage.
    Initially I tried the capsules but they just didn't seem to do much and I was ready to give up on this.
    But I have a problem with oral meds as I don't absorb them properly so usually need a dose about twice what they consider normal.
    With that in mind I tried the sub-lingual version and that is working wonders. I have problems with tingling numbness in my feet and that almost goes away with this.

My chiropractor sells Green Roads CBD oil with a 30ml bottle containing 750 milligrams and you take 1 cc/ml under your tongue in the morning.
    Tastes a little like turpentine, but the relief is worth it. Unfortunately it is running $150 a bottle.

Forgot to add that he also sells a CBD oil with Krill oil that is for pets, don't know the price tag on that.
    Last edited by Daca102090; 02-12-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: more info
    Bureaucrats are like rabid pitbulls with blinders...Its always better if you don't draw attention to yourself.

Hey Daca - I don't know what the tingling in your feet might be, but if you suspect it's nerve damage try taking vitamin B6 for a while (few weeks) and see if it makes a difference. At one point my wife suffered with carpal tunnel, and doctors were urging the surgery which has about a 50% success rate. She treated it with B6 for a few months and it has gone away and not been back. May or may not be good for your situation, but it was for hers. Probably wouldn't hurt to try.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Anything that is not surgical is worth a try..
    Thanks
    Bureaucrats are like rabid pitbulls with blinders...Its always better if you don't draw attention to yourself.