Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surviving aloneness............again...

Default Surviving aloneness............again...

She is gone.......

Gone the way of all flesh...my lady friend.....

And now I am so alone ...once again.

It is a numbing feeling of losing my lady friend of so many many years. And she was truly a Lady.

It is a quiet aloneness....a sinking type of aloneness.....the kind I felt in my very soul when I spent that year in Iceland far from home and friends...places I knew.

Now all that comes back to me...the aloneness.... and I am at some level afraid....

I've done some hard hard stuff in my life and it tends to make you tough....

But aloneness...is a very different kind of creature. You learn a lot about yourself in that kind of condition....that kind of place...

And now I must, once again, learn or re learn to survive this ....aloneness.

God give me strength..............................

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-06-2019 at 07:31 PM.

I am truly sorry, and understanding, of your loss.

Next week will be the two-year anniversary of my wife dying..

I will not lie and tell you the pain goes away. But I will say that eventually, you can tolerate the hurt better.
    Good medicine in bad places

Sir, I do not know you personally but I sense that you are a good and gentle soul. You've been added to my Bended Knee List. It is my hope that others will join me to lift you up in prayer. God Bless.

John

So sorry to hear this Tom. My prayers are with you.

So sorry OT, wish there was more I could do than send a prayer your way.....

Please add me to your blended knee list for Tom.
    I'm so sorry Tom, that you have to experience this heart heavy journey. I have experienced it twice. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger, as they say, and it's very true. Don't let bitterness of death get ahold of you. That's all the advice I can offer. It takes time but you never completely heal from the pain. You can only reevaluate and adjust to the truth that life and death is inevitable. God keep you in his loving arms as you move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCitizenPatriot View Post
    Sir, I do not know you personally but I sense that you are a good and gentle soul. You've been added to my Bended Knee List. It is my hope that others will join me to lift you up in prayer. God Bless.

John
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Tom,
    sorry to hear about your loss, I don't have any words, I won't profess to know what you are going thru.
    but I am sad for you
    add me to the list praying for you.

I'm truly sorry my friend. I honestly don't know what I could do but to pray for you. She sure had to be some kind of a special woman indeed to put up with you. I'm not capable of articulating on your level but, I'm a dang good listener if you ever need to bend an ear.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Tom, my heart hurts for you, buddy. You'll for certain be in my daily prayers. I have a fair understanding of what you're dealing with. When my Sandy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last Sept my world fell completely apart. But, ( I suppose y'all can consider this an update.) she's still here and seems to be improving somewhat. Although at last visit the Doctor said the tumor had slightly increased in size, and now she has some suspicious spots on her liver, she is gaining back some the weight she had lost, her appetite has increased considerably, her digestive system seems to be functioning better, and she seems to be regaining a bit of her strength. But we aren't out of the woods yet. So, absolutely, I can both empathize and sympathize with your grief and loneliness. Envisioning myself without my Sandy is almost too much to bear. Condolences and prayers my friend.
    Last edited by beowulf; 02-06-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Tom my condolences. You will certainly be in my prayers. I can't even guess what your going thru, but sure will keep you in my prayers.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13