Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surviving aloneness............again...

Beo, Glad to hear of progress for Sandy. You guys will remain in my prayers.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Sorry to hear this Tom, I certainly sympotnasize with this, bro.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Tom. I lost my best friend so suddenly just over 5 years ago when he collapsed of a stroke in front of me. Life is never the same but it goes on. I just keep thanking God for the time I had with my best friend. Now I think often of all of the things we did together. I still miss him so much. Love goes on forever doesn't it?

Tom -

So, so very sorry for this loss you are experiencing. I just don't have words for a time like this. Please know my thoughts are with you.

It's never an easy thing. Eventually the sun will shine again, let that faith keep you through the dark times you'll have between now and then.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

My condolences as well, OT. I will pray God eases your pain.

Let me add my condolences, sir. Sounds as though you treasure the time you had together.

Tom I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you in my prayers
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

To the members here.....my deep thanks for standing with me in this difficult time.

We buried her on Saturday...yesterday...the 9th.

And yes..I miss her every day..... I expect her to come through my door and sit in my Lazy boy for me to rub her feet after a long day as an Apartment manager checking her move outs and ready units.......for me to fix dinner for us.....when I am off work.

And now it begins....the aloneness...

But Bruss....you are correct....I have faith ...that one day the sun will shine again.....I know she would so want it to be...for me and her children and grand children.

And yes...initogether...my thanks for bringing me into the understanding through this difficulty....I need to be grateful for the time we had together....keeping focused on that aspect of our relationship. Yes...love goes on forever....and love is sometimes difficult...thank you.

Olde Timer......my thanks to you, my friend, and also glad to hear that Sandy's appetite is getting better...and is regaining strength..good signs. My prayers are with you and your house...Olde Timer.

Flock6,

You have a point there in her ability to put up with me....

I will say that there are four children involved and also now grandchildren in her family. And she was loving and gentle sufficient to let me into that family and their ways.

It made a better man of me.

Though these are not the children of my flesh...through her love and gentleness....they have become the children and grandchildren of my heart...

And that is a lot for a hard case like me...but I know it was her doing...her way....and her love...which nurtured that fruit..that love.. in me.

Camouflaged....

Oh Camouflaged....I had no idea you had been through this twice....

Oh...Camouflaged....I don't know that I could go through ths twice.....the quietness..the aloneness....it weighs heavily...on my soul.

You have my admiration and respect..

But you are correct..of course.....I cannot let the aloneness turn bitter...I must get past it....through Faith.....

Fidel MD,

Thank you for your words....and yes....I must learn to better tolerate the hurt.

I have to get busy living....I think she would want it.... no other way.

My thanks to all in this difficult time.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-10-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Tom
    So sorry to hear this. I have no real words that I reckon will be of any use but I sincerely hope that as time goes on the heartache lessons some and the great memories take its place.
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

It has been some 23 days since my Lady Friend passed ...and it is too quiet here.

I miss her coming over to watch Dr Phil ...though I disliked the program greatly. What I would give to have her again in my Lazy Boy watching Dr. Phil now.

I am learning to keep busy and plan several tasks for this weekend. Oddly enough somedays I find more structure and routine at work than do I here now at home.

I miss her...but know I must keep busy....and make do with my life..learn to tolerate the hurt.....also to remember our good times together.

Will catch up with her children and grand children this weekend. Perhaps go to dinner with them if they are able and schedules can make do.

I always thought it would be me first,..... being a few years older...but goes to show you never know about these things.

It is too quiet here now...I miss her greatly.

Making do and trying not to become bitter.

For deep down I know this too is a survival lesson....for me.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-28-2019 at 08:31 PM.