Thread: Good IFAK w/Tourniquet

Default Good IFAK w/Tourniquet

Didn't see this addressed specifically.....is there a pre-packaged kit with serious stuff. like blood clotters and a good tourniquet? Hard to find except the Police and EMT ones that cost $300+. I want to upgrade my kits and make more, but It'd sure be nice to just buy some ready-made if they didn't cost so damn much......

I bought a bunch of those Israeli emergency bandages / tourniquets off e-bay. They were about $ 10 each, supposed to be really good but haven't had to use one yet. Also bought several packs of quikclot, can't remember the price of them.

Sounds like you want a trauma bag not an ifac. I have a USMC trauma bag in my vehicle. Has , gauze, sucking chest wound glue patches, quickclot, iv,s and fluid, decompression pens. Tools, and such

https://www.narescue.com/usmc-combat...aving-kit-coyi got this at a gunshow....probably missing from some gov organization.. But can't prove that...$150 I paid

A lot of good ifaks don't have a TQ because they seem to be user preference RATS vs. Windlass so I'd get a good kit and attach a TQ you like. ITS Tactical makes nice ones.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    A lot of good ifaks don't have a TQ because they seem to be user preference RATS vs. Windlass so I'd get a good kit and attach a TQ you like. ITS Tactical makes nice ones.
    anyone who 'prefers' a RAT is wrong and should make a move to fix themselves ...

We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.