Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: What's the temperatures in your AO and how is it affecting your routine?

We just got back from a vacation trip. It has been right at 95 with humidity so high that our windows in the truck would fog up, on the outside!!!! Yeah, the A/C works REALLY good in our truck.

Driving home today the outside temp gauge on the truck kept rising. It started off at 93 at 10 am this morning and it got as high as 99 when we arrived home at 4 pm. I’ll take the cold over the heat anyday. I can always put more clothes and layers on to warm up, but there is only so many clothes that you can take off, even in private. If you are sweating while sitting in the shade in the buff then it is too dang hot.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Southern Ohio. 98 today. Real feel meter was 105

Only reached 91 here in Central Texas today. Wasn't too bad.that was in the shade though. Truck register 94 when I went to town at 3pm.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 07-19-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Only reached 91 here in Central Texas today. Wasn't too bad.that was in the shade though. Truck register 94 when I went to town at 3pm.
    I was out in my back yard at 11:30 this morning shooting my bow. I wa in the shade of a big tree. Temp was 96 with the humidity at 86%. I was sweating my rear off. I stayed out for about 45 minutes and had to come back inside. It was miserable!

106 east of Austin.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:

Are you sure that wasn't "feels like"? Because that's what the KBTX weather said. Ours was "feels like" 103, but the fh was 94* with 89% humidity. You're just 75 miles from my area.

Quote Originally Posted by jdh View Post
    106 east of Austin.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Dam hot! Temps will be around 100 add in heat index we will be around 110-115. Time to catch up on inside work.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Are you sure that wasn't "feels like"? Because that's what the KBTX weather said. Ours was "feels like" 103, but the fh was 94* with 89% humidity. You're just 75 miles from my area.
    Yes, I'm sure. Actual temperature in the shade on the back porch as indicated by an old school alcohol thermometer and a modern electronic remote thermometer. My weather station said the feels like was 111.

Also, First National Bastrop's Clock was showing 102 at 3 pm ish.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:

Mid 90s here, heat index 100. Luckily for us it looks like just a couple more days and temps are dropping to low to mid 80s rest of the 10 day forecasr.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

95 with 44% humidity