Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: What's the temperatures in your AO and how is it affecting your routine?

To me I prefer the cold. I can always add layers. Summer time in the heat and humidity it seems to snap my energy much quicker. Harder to cool down.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I prefer the cold to the Tx, La heat and humidity. A person shouldn't pour sweat just from being outside at 3am.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Exactly

We've had a few nights here that were colder than a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg, but mostly a pretty mild winter....so far.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I prefer the cold to the Tx, La heat and humidity. A person shouldn't pour sweat just from being outside at 3am.
    Agree 100%

Humidity is the worst!!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/5vUAU7

advice from Doc Doom on surviving the current heatwave hitting the Midwest ...

Supposed to be 101* today, and tommorow, with 113* heat index, I think i'll waer a hat, and tshirt in the pool.

Hotter than blazes here. Reached 102 one day, 101 more than once and 100 a few days also. Rest of the time from 96 - 99. And the humidity is absolutely murder. I'm ready to go back to Montana!

Default Popcorn Fart

Hotter than a popcorn fart today in the Thumb of MI. My COPD is giving me fits.

Low 90, with heat index over 100 today thru sunday. It's been in the 80 and pop up storms the past week +. Just saw the forcast for next several days. By Tue we should be in the low to mid 80's. it gonna feel like fall for a few days... well better than 100 anyway.

Everyone be careful out working in this heat. It don't take long to over heat, specially if you aren't acclimated to working in it. Take frequent breaks, sip water almost constantly, at least a liter/quart nearly every hour. Go inside or find shade to lower your body temps. Heat stress, heat exhuastion, and heat stroke come on rapidly and will disorient you quick enough that it can spiral enough to lose your capability to take care of your self. Pay attention, drink plenty of water the day before you plan to be out in it and keep drinking.