Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: more wall progress

Default more wall progress

The Justice Department placed an online job posting for a pair of attorneys to tackle border wall litigation in South Texas a sign of coming property seizures and other legal controversies that President Donald Trump anticipates if he plows ahead with his signature project.

The ideal candidates for the positions will have at least four years of civil litigation experience [dealing with] land condemnation cases, oil and gas disputes, and real estate matters, the posting reads. "Spanish language proficiency is helpful," the ad says, "but not required."

The attorneys likely will deal with eminent domain property seizures and quarrels with landowners over what their land is worth, according to Chris Rickerd, the American Civil Liberties Unions senior policy counsel on border and immigration issues.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...r-wall-1093736

Can't speak for the entire stretch, but FIL owns land on north end of Falcon lake. Back in 50's I think it was, guv went in and bought all lend below a certain elevation corresponding with full lake level, something like 301' or 308' or so. Surface owner still has access to use that land when water is below the full mark, but it technically it belongs to guv. I'd be willing to bet that the same is true all along the Rio Grande.

Now my FIL who has always voted conservative is a no Trumper and I get to hear him complain about losing all that land, but truth be told it ain't his.

Another thing that doesn't get any press is that the wall will be built on US soil. Therefore it's not like Mx national dirt crews can set up on other side of wall and start digging or demo exercises. It's also not like these folks can just stand up ladders on other side and be free to do as they please. At the point they make contact with the barrier whatever it is, they will already be illegally on US soil and can be dealt with then. CHOOT'EM, I say.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

yep, and i bet they won't be digging a 2 foot deep tunnel under the new version either.

Why wouldn't the fed gov have an easement all around our border anyway? I understand the states and the multitude of them but, it's our National border....... I'm a strong supporter of state's and individual's rights but this is a no brainer to me.

KC, sorry you have to deal with that......
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

It is what it is. This is Spanish Land Grant. I believe they have been here since around 1780's. They didn't settle on the border, the border settled on them. Their land is both sides of river in long skinny stretches. Some of family is Mex and some is American. Wifes grandmother fled Pancho Villa in early 1900's to America. Came by force and then applied and got residency, but always retained her dual citizenship.

That border has been lawless since it became a border, we just finally have someone willing to do something about it. As is FIL leaves the property by dark and will not allow any of us to go there in dark. I figure that loosing access to some for the sake of having 24/7 access to the rest is well worth it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    It is what it is. This is Spanish Land Grant. I believe they have been here since around 1780's. They didn't settle on the border, the border settled on them. Their land is both sides of river in long skinny stretches. Some of family is Mex and some is American. Wifes grandmother fled Pancho Villa in early 1900's to America. Came by force and then applied and got residency, but always retained her dual citizenship.

That border has been lawless since it became a border, we just finally have someone willing to do something about it. As is FIL leaves the property by dark and will not allow any of us to go there in dark. I figure that loosing access to some for the sake of having 24/7 access to the rest is well worth it.

I know a guy that runs a hunting ranch somewhere between bracketville and hwy 277. They've had to put stairs over the game fence to keep the illegals from cutting fence. They've also got a layer of AR500 plate on the front door with a gun port in it on the ranch house. Illegals knock on the door asking for water pretty frequently, they send them to the spigot and call the BP. They have an actual full time house off of 90 west of uvalde near the BP checkpoint and they get lots of visitors that jump off the trucks before the check point and go cross country and get lost. The BP has keys to a special lock on their gates so they can continue chases across their place. That's just too much. I work with immigrants all day every day in construction, but even they know it's too much.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Its a Shame there are some folks that own Land along our Southern Border that dont want a Wall built along their land!! Fing IDIOTS if you ask me!! For one yeah enjoy all that Danger being spread across your property and 2 you are doing nothing but aiding in Illegal crossings!! If it were my land Id Happily allow said wall!! Hell Id even help build it!! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

I read a story Pelousy offered a full wall budget for a full gun ban. She even stated they could use NATO to go door to door for them!! 3 words.... Cold Dead Hands!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    I know a guy that runs a hunting ranch somewhere between bracketville and hwy 277. They've had to put stairs over the game fence to keep the illegals from cutting fence. They've also got a layer of AR500 plate on the front door with a gun port in it on the ranch house. Illegals knock on the door asking for water pretty frequently, they send them to the spigot and call the BP. They have an actual full time house off of 90 west of uvalde near the BP checkpoint and they get lots of visitors that jump off the trucks before the check point and go cross country and get lost. The BP has keys to a special lock on their gates so they can continue chases across their place. That's just too much. I work with immigrants all day every day in construction, but even they know it's too much.
    Yea, i have considered plate on the doors or one such, but I don't approach the door before looking out a window for signs. There is a free choice feeder an a timed spin feeder in the yard that attracts deer and birds. A quick glance out a window without getting close to it, and I can determine what's up.

Last summer I was at the house on evening around 6-7 pm, and just finished supper. I was there alone. I am behind 8' fence and 1/4 mile off the road. Nobody has a key to our gate, but oilfield has a gate about a mile from house that they use. Unfortunately, this company is largest employer in the county and EVERYBODY knows their combination, including BP and LEO. No biggie. So there's a knock on back door. Metal burglar bar door is closed but not barred, and door not locked. A knock is extremely unusual and unexpected. I sprang out of the chair, and went for my revolver. Then thought again and set it on counter in easy reach. Turned out to be Game Wardens. Dang I'm glad I didn't answer door barrel first.

I've seen a few of the interviews that the liberal MSM have done with the border landowners that are objecting & protesting >>>> looks to me like they just might be in cohoots with the cartel and the smuggling coyotes - doesn't make a whole lot of sense wanting drugs & illegals coming across your property ....