Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trump says he'll make major announcement Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Maybe Trump did make them look like fools (though that is only an opinion) but what has the nation gained? We have no wall. We have zero border security. Drugs and illegals come across our border as easy as ever.
    I like to deal with facts.
    At least hes trying.... Hes has to use political maneuvers now to try and move the process along. Thanx to Repukicans and Demotards fighting him EVERY step of the way since The day he was sworn in!! I have every bit of faith in Trump and none with Congress and the Senate!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    At least hes trying.... Hes has to use political maneuvers now to try and move the process along. Thanx to Repukicans and Demotards fighting him EVERY step of the way since The day he was sworn in!! I have every bit of faith in Trump and none with Congress and the Senate!!
    Very true but there is still much he could do and could have right from day one. Granted he tried several things that were stopped by the courts. But we do supposedly have the greatest military in the world. What good is our military if we cannot close our own borders?
    People can say he is doing this or that but the truth is that our borders are still wide open. I am not sorry that he is our President. But I do want him to DO something. The time for talk is long since over.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Very true but there is still much he could do and could have right from day one. Granted he tried several things that were stopped by the courts. But we do supposedly have the greatest military in the world. What good is our military if we cannot close our own borders?
    People can say he is doing this or that but the truth is that our borders are still wide open. I am not sorry that he is our President. But I do want him to DO something. The time for talk is long since over.
    Not certain, but without a declaration of national emergency (national security) using the military to close the border may be a violation of the Posse Comitatus Act...which precludes the military from enforcing civilian law. I think that might be one for the courts to haggle out.

Posse Commitatus was modified by law in 2008. It's not as restricted as it traditionally was.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Posse Commitatus was modified by law in 2008. It's not as restricted as it traditionally was.
    DARN! That's what happens when you retire from active duty. You get left out on modifications and changes on such things.

I realize that it's politics and nothing more, but I really think that Trump has a few ways to get wall, including military building it, but I also think he is playing his detractors like a fiddle, and Pelosi and Schumer are playing right into it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I'm not on twitter but saw this on PSB tonight.... you all need to check this guy out, he is awesome .

https://twitter.com/ClandestineRos1

Be sure to click on the " show this thread " links under the tweets to see the full text, they are amazing !!