Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court RBG had surgery today....

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I've NEVER trusted Roberts. He's a slime ball RINO and always has been a sheep in wolves clothing....

Amen , totally agree, but how did Ginsburg vote today while she was supposedly having lung surgery ?

I wish her well, and to live a comfortable life at home......retired !

Trump may screw up getting elected in 2020 with his Twitter rants, and questionable moves, but can change the course of the SC for the better with another conservative justice.

Thats easy. She cast her vote in advance w/ the approval of the full SC panel. That was a pre-scheduled surgery. Had it been an emergency entry to surgery, she wouldnt have had the ability to vote. I assume her vote would be under absentee qualifications.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 12-21-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Thats easy. She cast her vote in advance w/ the approval of the full SC panel. That was a pre-scheduled surgery. Had it been an emergency entry to surgery, she wouldnt have had the ability to vote. I assume her vote would be under absentee qualifications.
    Well there's not one dam thing right about that. How can a justice/judge vote on a case beforehand, when they have not heard all of the entire arguments in the case ? Even congresscritters have to be present to vote. Guess the deep state will let her vote absentee after she's dead too ?
    Last edited by bambam; 12-21-2018 at 07:12 PM.

I'm just assuming. Don't take my word for that. That is the only thing I can think of unless, she voted BEFORE she went to the hospital. Was her surgery scheduled for today or was she just admitted into the hospital today and her surgery scheduled for tomorrow?
    I'm just speculating options.

Yep, she had surgery today. Removed two cancers from one lung. I guess she voted before she went in.

Yep, she had surgery today. Removed two cancers from one lung. I guess she voted before she went in.
    Well I hope she recovers quickly , I truly do, but I cannot see the wisdom of allowing justices to cast a vote on a case before they have heard all the facts/arguments of the case , and not being present for the vote. This country is FUBAR .

Having pondered on this , I believe they do hear cases and do not render decisions for days after, taking time to consider the facts of the case, which would in this case would allow her time to make an informed decision, if in fact she was awake and aware enough to make an informed decision, which given her medical condition, I highly doubt.
    Last edited by bambam; 12-21-2018 at 07:47 PM.

I’m so sick and tired of damn Traitorous Cowards like Roberts!! He voted AGAINST what was right for the Legal citizens of this Country!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Roberts has been a huge disappointment, and not going away soon. RINO for sure, but more Globalist, I think, or somebody has something on him. I think the cancerous growth removal is a cover for an embalming fluid change, she is a masterpiece of taxidermy.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I agree - Roberts has been a big disappointment

some new news on RGB that isn't so rosy.

article excerpts w link at the end
    A prognosis is impossible even for Ginsburg’s doctors to predict perfectly, and very limited information has been made public. It is possible to add some context to the statement and to determine that this is neither a clean bill of health nor a clear sign of imminent peril.

if you have two separate malignant nodules in your lung and you do not smoke, doctors worry that this means they represent metastatic disease from a cancer somewhere else. This is especially true if the patient has a history of cancer, as Ginsburg does. She had early-stage colon and pancreatic cancers removed in 1999 and 2009, respectively.

The pathology report can tell us if the malignant cells are lung cancer—meaning a rare case of two simultaneous new lung cancers in a nonsmoker—or if they represent a recurrence of metastatic colon or pancreatic cancer, or if they are of some other origin. If this is the case, it would raise concern that although current scans showed no evidence of metastatic disease elsewhere, there could be yet-undetectable cancer cells already seeded in Ginsburg’s body.

In the immediate term, recovery from a lobectomy can be a significant undertaking for an 85-year-old, and that is indeed the relevant health issue for the foreseeable future.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...cancer/578869/