Thread: vicks vapor rub....tablets for the shower.

Default vicks vapor rub....tablets for the shower.

Boy..I do need to get out more.....

I had no idea these things were out there.

I've been working on getting through this cold and congestion for going on two weeks now...the cough was very irritating and hard to get through though it is now much better.

My lady friend gave me a box of some kind of Vicks tablet and told me to put it In the hot water in the shower and let the water release the vapor rub stuff in it and breath it in.

It helped clear up a lot of the congestion.

I remember Mom rubbing vapor rub on our chests and backs or putting some in our noses to help with breathing and congestion...but I never heard of these tablets for the shower.

Seems to me many years ago people used to put Vicks Vapor rub in a pan and heat it up..then breath in the vapors.

Apparently this shower tablet is a variation of that olde technique.

I don't have any Vicks Vapor rub but appreciate my lady friend teaching me about this newer shower tablet development. I will be getting a couple of boxes of these shower tablets and also stock up on a few vapor rub jars.

I keep plenty of Vaseline and also anti biotic ointment but for some reason never think about vapor rub ..but ironically ..it was what Mom used to rub us down when we were congested and had difficulty breathing.

Man....oh...Man...I need to get out more!!!!

Orangetom

The non Ishmaelite home body.

Here’s a great one my Mom taught us and it works wonders!! Rub Vick’s on your feet and put socks on when you go to bed. It clears everything up so you can sleep well.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    Here’s a great one my Mom taught us and it works wonders!! Rub Vick’s on your feet and put socks on when you go to bed. It clears everything up so you can sleep well.
    Never tried that SKeeter...though I have rubbed it on my chest and under my nose...but never tried on my feet. Put on Socks too.....Wow!!

Going out soon with my grocery list...will include Vicks Vapor Rub....several jars. I don't think it has a shelf life per se...like Vaseline..

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite

Yep, Grampa would rub that Vicks on my chest and put it in my nose with his big ol' oilfield fingers. Still use the stuff, but never heard of the shower stuff. We had a vaporizer or humidifier as a kid, also.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Wife has used those tablets for years. She also uses a peppermint soap from bath and body works that does the same thing. The Vicks is way cheaper.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Dag gonit!! I forgot to add Vicks to my list....

No problem..I will get it eventually. Was thinking the same ...that the Vapor rub in the jar is cheaper than most anything else.

Never heard of peppermint soap doing similar ak47u....

I think Vicks is some kind of eucalyptus stuff.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite