Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMA awards

Default CMA awards

Anyone watch the Country music awards tonight ? I watched them with my better half tonight, ( her idea ) , and once again was highly disappointed. Didn't hear many country songs, at least not country by my definition. And that soy boy Keith Urban, who has never sung a country song in his life , won entertainer of the year !!?? Give me a break.

That is the problem with country music. Too much of what they call country is not. Have you listened to Aaron Lewis? Was a rocker and put out a decent album.

I haven't watched yet but don't care much about awards. I watch for the performances. There are usually a couple I like.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Don't watch these awards shows...CMA, Golden Globes, Oscars, Emmys or whatever they are next.

Just not interested.

Of late I have become so disinterested in the entertainment business and or Hollywood...and now too...sports people. Definitely most of the news media too.

Just not interested.

I vote with my remote controller on such things.

My Non Ishmatelite .02,

Orangetom

saw that they were going to be held >>>> thought to myself that it just might be able to stay civil and on track without politicizing and slamming Prez Trump ...

I stopped watching such stuff long tie ago. The only country music that exists today is on the old records I have...Merle Haggard, Dave Dudley, Alan Jackson, George Strait, etc. I find it more interesting and fun to sit on the back steps in a driving rain in 40 degree temperature in my swimming trunks, watching the grass grow at midnight.

I've never been interested in those phony award ceremonies or those phony people. They make my skin crawl! I love music, but it doesn't mean I have to like them or what they represent, for the most part.

As for country music. I'm afraid the true artists of country music are dead and gone. What's out there now, isn't country music. It's just hip hop with a twang.. I'll stick to the old tried and true and leave this crap these phony artists produce now, to the young, no talent generation of so called country music DIVA's.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Agree with Camouflaged and Beowulf on this topic...

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite

I saw that it was gonna be on and then promptly forgot about it, shows how into it I was....I used to love the Country Awards back in the day, but they are a joke nowadays, like you guys are saying. I love Real Country, but this stuff does not resemble it at all....Keith Urban? Really?
    There are some new guys that do it right...Aaron Lewis (as mentioned above :-), Dale Watson, Marty Stuart, Dwight, Etc.....
    We make a regular pilgrimage to Bakersfield to see a concert and hang out at Buck's Crystal Palace, drive down Merle Haggard Hwy or Buck Owens Blvd.......wish those guys were still around, sigh.....

Hmm, it just came on the news....They sure do have some purty girls at the CMA's though......

If you want a new music "country boy", I have been listening to some of Luke Combs new stuff...just a regular Joe who made it big, he has cool videos. I also like the harmony of Little Big Town.

Kieth Urban is married to a Hollywood superstar (Nicole Kidman), and lives a charmed life in neverland....nothing about him is "Country" !

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    If you want a new music "country boy", I have been listening to some of Luke Combs new stuff...just a regular Joe who made it big, he has cool videos. I also like the harmony of Little Big Town.

Kieth Urban is married to a Hollywood superstar (Nicole Kidman), and lives a charmed life in neverland....nothing about him is "Country" !
    Luke is good, and I also like Brothers Osborne and Chris Stapleton.