Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Generator Input/advice

I like them. Itís bigger than the 2k-2200w units. Honda is also just a smidge quieter. But I like them as I have 2 and they work great And the quality seems great too. All the knobs and switches /handles everything seems quality made. I run mine on propane and fire them up once a month. I donít use them for anything these days I bought them for emergencies/ Shtf times.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Another Champion fan here. I have a 4400 as back up for the house. Added the propane conversion for it. It is tri-fuel now and can run off the natural gas if I need to. Propane is easier to keep fresh and works well for heat if we need it too. I usually have 100 gallons or so available.
    I picked up a 3400 dual fuel for some cleaner electricity if I need to run electronics. Primarily it serves to run a portable spot cooler air conditioner.
    I added another muffler to redirect the exhaust upward and it does quiet it just a tad more.
    Really nice generator. Serves me very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond

Propane conversion. Hmmmmm....... I need to look into that. I recently traded a Briggs and Stratton 5k watt generator for a physically larger but slightly lower power output commercial generator. My original intent was to sell the new generator and buy a dual fuel one. The thought had not crossed my mind to add a conversion kit. Hmmmmm...................
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I used a kit from : US Carburetion pretty easy install.
    "Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJ View Post
    I used a kit from : US Carburetion pretty easy install.
    I've used their kit, also. Spent more time readin' the instructions and layin' out parts 'n' tools than I did installin' the kit. One thing that was a pain was adjusting the thing. My 5.5K with a B&S engine made for a kinda cramped space to get in there to perfect the mixture.