Thread: Novella Idea?

Default Novella Idea?

For some time now, I've been toying with the idea of some kind of foreign entity (insurgents, Iranian agents, ISIS, Al Qaeda, usual suspects, etc.) using Russian made shoulder launched SAMs at commercial aircraft. I've even gone so far as to research international airports that were near bodies of water. The water is essential for concealment and cover, dumping the expended weapon launcher, as well as E&E. For example:

----------
    MEDIUM/LARGE AIRPORTS NEAR WATER

Port Columbus International Airport- Big Walnut Creek (Airport Golf Course)
    Indianapolis International Airport - White River (Buffer Park Gold Course)
    Dallas/Ft Worth International Airport - Grapevine Lake (Grapevine Recreational Area)
    Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport - Salt River (Rio Salado Park)
    Charlotte Douglas International Airport - Catawba River (confluence Little Paw Creek)
    Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport - Mississippi River (Pigs Eye Lake)
    Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport - Lake Cataouatche (Bayou Segnette)
    Denver International Airport - Barr Lake State Park
    Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport - Flint River (confluence Sullivan Creek)
    ----------

I've even come up with the weapon that could potentially be used and dumped in said body of water: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K32_Strela-2

I figure these weapons systems are plentiful and jihadi's and cartel smugglers could get them across the border.

My only question, what do I do with this inspiration and knowledge?

Thoughts?

What could be the end game for 9 potentially downed airliners?
    I mean terror is numero uno, but to what end?
    Take the fight to us in our homeland... on our soil?
    Hello? 9/11? Been there done that?
    Is there possibly a political objective?

Totally lacking in ideas...

Open to suggestions... happy to collaborate....

Fire away.
    Hannibal ad portas

Don't forget Lindbergh Field in San Diego.......makes a nice backdrop.....fly in over the Bay and Ocean, right next to several major military bases, not to mention SEAL training centers....right near the border.....

As for a plot.......hmmm......maybe a young Navy guy going through BUDS meets a young Saudi cutie whose dad is an attache and she discloses to him the upcoming attack.....

That's all I got right now.....does that help?

couple thoughts

attacks at separate air ports separated by time

maybe attacks are not always successful

perhaps a twist - jehadis aren't working for who they think they are - China or India might be the real villian

Make sure to post your ideas on an international site on the WWW. Nothing bad could come from that, and if they hadn't thought of that, now they have.

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    Make sure to post your ideas on an international site on the WWW. Nothing bad could come from that, and if they hadn't thought of that, now they have.
    i'm sure radical moose limbs have thought of everything and more

Quote Originally Posted by wtr100 View Post
    i'm sure radical moose limbs have thought of everything and more
    Perhaps, but still....OPSEC, OPSEC,OPSEC...AND MORE OPSEC. Can't have too much OPSEC! And toss in a heaping measure of COMSEC also.

Whatever the outcome, we all know it's Bush's/Trump's/Kavanaugh's fault. Lefties might wanna ask their antifa buddies to "save" the country, triggering reactions by patriotic individuals who then figure it's open season on all enemies, foreign and domestic.