Thread: Hurricane Michael.....

Default Hurricane Michael.....

The remnants of Hurricane Michael finally made it up here to Tidewater, Virginia last night.

I left work at midnight...taking off two hours early.

It was rain and heavy gusts on the way out to my car. Lots of debris being scattered in the wind. My rain poncho became a sort of parachute...wing suit...as it tried to drag me along the pavement/sidewalks.

Moved my truck out from under the tree wherein it was parked and out more into the open driveway.

Lots of debris about my yard..but no real damage.

Fed the cats this morning outside and they are fine. They had access to the swinging pet door on my garage and I assume they took shelter there or under the shed. But they were up and about this morning with their usual appetite. They are fed and after this second cup of coffee..I need to take my leaf blower and clean up my deck and sidewalks of the debris.

I was not expecting such high winds and figured the storm was mostly blown out buy the time it got here... ..but apparently I was a bit off in my prediction. The winds were more stout than I had figured.

Just goes to show....don't disrespect, take for granted, or turn your back on mother nature.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite

There was some idiot liberal on this am saying that the reason hurricanes strike the South/Fla/Tx is because that's where the conservatives live and nature is punishing us for our sins.........can't make it up!

Glad you're ok.....

Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    There was some idiot liberal on this am saying that the reason hurricanes strike the South/Fla/Tx is because that's where the conservatives live and nature is punishing us for our sins.........can't make it up!

Glad you're ok.....
    Sad part is, these stupid imbeciles actually believe this. Lord help us if they ever do get control of congress again. We'll have to have a REAL SERIOIUS rat killin'.

Iím getting older by the year and more jaded as time goes on. My give-a-Damn meter broke long ago and these days I donít have sympathy for much. That said it kills me to see houses/businesses wrecked along the shorelines anywhere. But all I can think of is those folks chose to live there. And how much of our fed taxes will go to repair/replace their damage?
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Well, there isnít really any place that one can go to escape natureís wrath. The gulf coast gets hurricanes, the central plains get tornadoes and bad storms, the west coast gets earthquakes, and then you have brutal winters in the north. Letís not forget a scattering of volcanoes and of course the Yellowstone super volcano.

So basically, itís pick your preference on what kind of natural phenomena you want to deal with.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Yes but I can and do purchase insurance for hail storms etc which is all that hits my area I chose to live in. If flood or hurricane insurance is not avail along any coast why live there? Oh thatís right the Feds will pick up the tab right? I disagree with that....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!