Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My turn for prayers.

Prayers sent Cammie. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

I have to admit, I'm getting a bit nervous. I made the huge mistake of going online to watch a vid of the procedure. BIG MISTAKE!
    After seeing this, I shut down the vid and got really weak and felt like passing out but I didn't. I told hubs about it and he asked if I needed to postpone it. Hell no! I may be nervous but it has to be taken care of and the last thing I want to do is prolong the enevitable. That gives me too much time to dwell on it.. I just want to get it over with and behind me.
    Best take care of it before it gets worse or God forbid, the world goes to Shlt after the midterms.
    Nope, gonna face my fears like a big girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    We'll be waitin' for you to tell us in a couple of days that it's all behind you.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Praying for ya Cammi
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Oh my, I saw a knee surgery video when I was a kid; I have been extremely cautious with my legs and knees ever since! Continued prayers my friend.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Yeah, take a look at my procedure. "Parotidectomy". It's gruesome!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I have to admit, I'm getting a bit nervous. I made the huge mistake of going online to watch a vid of the procedure. BIG MISTAKE!
    After seeing this, I shut down the vid and got really weak and felt like passing out but I didn't. I told hubs about it and he asked if I needed to postpone it. Hell no! I may be nervous but it has to be taken care of and the last thing I want to do is prolong the enevitable. That gives me too much time to dwell on it.. I just want to get it over with and behind me.
    Best take care of it before it gets worse or God forbid, the world goes to Shlt after the midterms.
    Nope, gonna face my fears like a big girl!
    I was out driving through the woods one night, don't ask why, hit a big frickin rock, busted my lip wide open. Had a few beers so decided I could stitch it up myself. Did so. Wife said I didn't do a good job, go figure, she made me go to the hospital, you know how wives are, and the professionals put super glue on it and charged me 300 bucks. Still have a scar.

This might not make you feel any better, but I bet you are smiling !!! True story by the way.

Thank you all again for the prayers.
    I've been focusing continuous on beo's wife with prayers that I forgot to pray for myself but I think you guys have me covered! ❤️

Dingbat! LOL.. YES, IT MADE ME LAUGH!

Hubs gets injured now and then at work. A few months back he came home with a really nasty banged up shin. I mean it was a serious gash. It actually needed stitches. I didn't learn about it until days later when he came in the living room to ask me how it looked. Dummy didn't clean it after it happened and just thought he could slap some neosporin on it and that would fix it. Days later I took him to the Dr. Fussing at him the whole way for not telling me. It got infected. The clincher is, he is diabetic. I even kept fussing at him while the Dr was cleaning it out, reopening it so he could get all the infection out and stitch it up. He didn't like that I Forced him to go to the Dr. Our Dr. Told him he should be glad he has me for a wife. He could have lost his leg below the knee. Hubs thinks Neo fixes everything. He learned a valuable lesson that day. Now he listens to me and reports all his boo boos! LOL. I've created a monster! Needless to say, he no longer has access to a tube of Neosporin. I hid it from him.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I was out driving through the woods one night, don't ask why, hit a big frickin rock, busted my lip wide open. Had a few beers so decided I could stitch it up myself. Did so. Wife said I didn't do a good job, go figure, she made me go to the hospital, you know how wives are, and the professionals put super glue on it and charged me 300 bucks. Still have a scar.

This might not make you feel any better, but I bet you are smiling !!! True story by the way.

Good luck Cammie, wishing you a successful surgery and a full & speedy recovery. Prayer sent.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post

I swear, bambam, we just GOTTA be kin. When I had my hernia surgery I asked the doctor if they could put a mirror on the ceiling, use local anesthesia, and let me stay awake so I could watch the procedure. Should have seen the looks I got from the doctor and nurses. Problem was, I as SERIOUS. But they wouldn't do it...DARN IT!