Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EAS Broadcast from Trump tomorrow

Default EAS Broadcast from Trump tomorrow

Testing Emergency Alert System on cell phones tomorrow. On smartphone Fema.guv app or NWS app apparently will get you there. Only question is do you want these apps, especially FEMA on your phone, probably tracking to alert you to problems in your immediate AO.

Anyhoo, it's scheduled for tomorrow Oct. 3, 2018 at 2:18 pm EDT. I can see how this could potentially be the only way to get info if liberal media does the blackout I keep hearing about. If what Q says will come to pass, we could be in for a long ride.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

[QUOTE=KINGCHIP;759349]Testing Emergency Alert System on cell phones tomorrow. On smartphone Fema.guv app or NWS app apparently will get you there. Only question is do you want these apps, especially FEMA on your phone, probably tracking to alert you to problems in your immediate AO.

Anyhoo, it's scheduled for tomorrow Oct. 3, 2018 at 2:18 pm EDT. I can see how this could potentially be the only way to get info if liberal media does the blackout I keep hearing about. If what Q says will come to pass, we could be in for a long ride.[/QUOTE]

this is exactly why Obammy agreed to the system in 2016 - another media outlet they would have controlled >>> don't forget - there wasn't supposed to be another GOP POTUS - EVER .....

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Testing Emergency Alert System on cell phones tomorrow. On smartphone Fema.guv app or NWS app apparently will get you there. Only question is do you want these apps, especially FEMA on your phone, probably tracking to alert you to problems in your immediate AO.

Anyhoo, it's scheduled for tomorrow Oct. 3, 2018 at 2:18 pm EDT. I can see how this could potentially be the only way to get info if liberal media does the blackout I keep hearing about. If what Q says will come to pass, we could be in for a long ride.
    Everyone's phone will alert regardless if you have any apps or not. It's a test of ipaws system that's a part of EAS. It's no different than an Amber alert except Amber alerts are sent to certain towers in an area and this will be sent to all towers. It can't track you. Although an app can.

Wasn't sure how this is going down, I got this info from my HAM club, but whatever.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

The alert came across my phone at exactly 1:18 pm central time. Right on time. 3 minutes later an EAS alert test came through my AM radio as I listened to Rush.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

What I do find VERY interesting is the Oblamo administration tried this 2 years in a row and each time it was an utter failure. Is it possible that the people in charge of the EAS system lean to the right and thus prevented Oblamo’s test from being a success?

It came through on my phone with AT&T
    Coworkers with a local carrier didn’t get it
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

I have no problem with the alert system on all levels if the activation has safeguards and authorization personnel are vetted and can be trusted ....

example >>>> fake alert in Hawaii by some covert activist employee - not near enough repercussions on that jackazz ...

on a local level the school district has access to the phone system to reverse 911 call all the district home landlines >>> had a new superintendent that decided the system was his personal broadcasting system - used it twice to send out totally BS messages to everyone's phones >>>> dumb MFer should have been arrested on the spot ....

Alert came on my cell phone at exactly 1:18pm CT as prescribed.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

It’s been reported that Obama did not get the alert on his phone. It appears as though the EAS does not cover Kenya.