Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: impeach some rat senators

Default impeach some rat senators

again put this in the when hell freezes over bin,
    but it is possible to impeach and remove a sitting US Senator - and it has actually happened in the past.

I nominate Blumenthal from Connecticut for stolen valor and fraudulent misrepresentation to get elected.
    Followed right behind with Mendez from NJ.
    could be a long list.
    and I would force release the list of all the sexual harassment hush money paid out by congress, find out who those were and why no criminal charges were ever filed. File them.

I would love for Trump to say we are going to have the FBI do thorough background checks on all sitting US Senators to insure that there are no charges that need to be re introduced. Both sides of the aisle.

Or maybe just take them straight to Gitmo.

I can dream can't I?

Actually, that's not so far fetched. The question is, do we have the backing to forge such a task at present. I'm not so sure we do just yet. We will have to see first, what 2020 brings us..that could be our open door.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Its hard to listen to the hypocrisy...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

I think future events will take care of some of the rats, on both sides.........

‘Tho I don’t disgaree
    Until you isntill term limits it’s just an exercise in futility.
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

A tall order but possible. Need term limits on every ballot, I'd bet it passes.

Trying to salvage some good from this, the longer they stall, the more pizzed the conservatives will be and maybe get us to the polls. I'm really hoping for this Red Tsunami.

Then too, are they going to be investigating both sides? And we already see some blatant lies from Ford in her credentials, that she stated under oath. Will she be cited for Perjury? If not we know that we have the same FBI investigating that ok'ed hillary.
    Last edited by KINGCHIP; 09-28-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    A tall order but possible. Need term limits on every ballot, I'd bet it passes.
    Even with the Dem idiots voting? I'm not so sure...

Trying to salvage some good from this, the longer they stall, the more pizzed the conservatives will be and maybe get us to the polls. I'm really hoping for this Red Tsunami.
    Gawd, I hope so...I am so disillusioned at this point...the Repubs have let us down time after time, and they keep getting their shorts handed to them by the evil dems while they play nicey-nicey

Then too, are they going to be investigating both sides?
    Of course not! No way, not ever....

And we already see some blatant lies from Ford in her credentials, that she stated under oath. Will she be cited for Perjury? If not we know that we have the same FBI investigating that ok'ed hillary.
    No, she's untouchable.....And yes we have the same crooked FBI doing the investigation now!

I'm following Q now and and extremely hopeful. I think Dems on judiciary committee were led into a trap. While they were chestbumping the one week delay and swaying of Flake,(who I think lives up to his name, Flake) They started and finished roll call, and did you see the deer in the headlights look on Feinstein? I think she realized too late what just happened, while the others on her side were celebrating. I'm not too sure Harris and Booker have figured out yet that they got scammed. In Trump I trust.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

You know, I see nothing in the Constitution that allows the impeachment of members of Congress.

They can be expelled (by their own house), they can be criminally or civilly charged for crimes, but impeach? Not in there.

And members of Congress are not 'officers of the United States', if they were they would require commissions from the President (Article II, section 4).
    Good medicine in bad places

ok, there are conflicting sources on impeaching a senator - but it happened to William Blount.
    however, there have been many times when the senate expelled a senator - again with a 2/3rds vote

Article 2, Section 4 states that the “President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Article I, Section 5, of the United States Constitution provides that "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

https://www.history.com/topics/us-go...-in-us-history

To date, the Senate has conducted formal impeachment proceedings 19 times, resulting in 7 acquittals, 7 convictions, and 3 dismissals.

William Blount, Senator

Date of Final Senate Action: January 11, 1799

Result: expelled, charges dismissed

https://www.webcitation.org/5uplUoEZ...hment_Role.htm

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...ases/intro.htm