Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHTF supply of Essential oils, herbs, and others...

Default SHTF supply of Essential oils, herbs, and others...

To all,
    I am wanting to put together a good size supply of oils/herbs/books/misc. for the hacienda.
    This is all a new area for me, so any and all help appreciated.
    I figured the basics like peppermint, witch hazel, and the likes, but am hoping a few of you here have
    first hand experience using and concocting various potions.
    I know it is a big ask, a lot of different directions, but would like to get it started ASAP.

Thanks
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

Tea tree oil is a must. Also, get you a jar ( at least 4oz to start) of MANUKA honey. Read up on it. It's a vast healing medicinal honey. Burn centers us this honey topical for burn victims.
    Those are two of the most important thing you need to have on hand, even if Shlt doesn't hit the fan but definately if it does.
    Also:
    Camphor(topical only), Kukua, Lavender, basil And Emu oil.. All of these are for different healing properties, internal and dermal penetration.

Also, pine tar. Not an essential oil but worthy to stock up on. Read about it.

I keep all of the above mentioned in large quantities plus several more secondary oils, pols and ingestibles.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

In addition to what Cammie posted, you might also look at getting some coconut oil so you can use that as a carrier oil when you mix different oils together for topical use. We turned a 24ĒX18Ē picture frame into a 4 shelf oil storage area. We are almost out of room with oils stacked 3-4 deep on each shelf. My wife is the one that does the compounding so I donít know any recipes, but she has made a lot for muscle pain, headaches, nerve pain, ect. ect.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Attachment 1817

This is our picture frame shelf right after I finished it. There are more oils on it now.

That's what EMU oil is for. It's a carrier for all others and is the ultimate carrier. Much more efficient than coconut oil and penetrates much deeper into the subcutaneous. Coconut oil is good for as deep as two layers below the derma.

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    In addition to what Cammie posted, you might also look at getting some coconut oil so you can use that as a carrier oil when you mix different oils together for topical use. We turned a 24ĒX18Ē picture frame into a 4 shelf oil storage area. We are almost out of room with oils stacked 3-4 deep on each shelf. My wife is the one that does the compounding so I donít know any recipes, but she has made a lot for muscle pain, headaches, nerve pain, ect. ect.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    That's what EMU oil is for. It's a carrier for all others and is the ultimate carrier. Much more efficient than coconut oil and penetrates much deeper into the subcutaneous. Coconut oil is good for as deep as two layers below the derma.

Thatís good to know! Thanks! Iíll check at Drug Emporium the next time Iím there.

I would love to know herbal medicine. Wife and I frequent Mexico and I always make a run at the locals mercado. They always have a stand or two of the raw plants along with labels telling what they are for.

With that said, we had a Mommy Magic on here that was really good with that stuff, but I think that UP Michigan might have different stuff than south Texas desert. There are several brands of essential oils on the market but they are not the same.

Young Living seems to me to be the best and they charge like it, but in my experience it works.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

We use the Young Living brand as well. They are expensive but they have helped prevent at least 2 emergency room trips so itís worth it.

Pound of weed
    Gallon of shine

Yup that covers the essentials
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkieís and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Lmao !