Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any experiences with Harbor Freight generators?

Thank you Flock 6 ....thank you.

Orangetom

Olde Timer....

One more thing about a generator.....

You need to have an idea as to how much wattage you might need. This will determine the size and weight of your generator.

My small ones are for more quick transport and portable field uses....

The bigger ones for more stationary ...where they will not much be moved around....

When you start going around 5500 to 6500 watts they are manual start....go bigger and you get into electric start....though these also have manual pull start..but are a real bear to start...they are so big and heavy.

And watch out in manual start if they kick back...feels like it pulls your arms out of their sockets.

Around here...average house about 5500 to 6500 watts does most people fine in an emergency. It will not run everything but you are concerned, in an emergency, with your frozen and refrigerated stores...anything else you can meter out and or control/move as needed.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 04-10-2019 at 03:38 AM.

A few weeks ago we were putting a slick finish on 3200 square feet of concrete. It was clear that it would be well into the night before the concrete would be finished as needed. I have 2 6500 watt generators but, they were not available at the time so I ran over to my local TSC and picked up a little CHAMPION 2000 watt inverter generator ( I'm certain these were recently discussed in another thread) to my surprise it has performed very well. It only holds right at a gallon of gas and weighs in at just under 50 pounds. It will run roughly 8 hrs on a tank of gas under a light load, about 6 running lights and or my skill saw that pulls 1800 watts, it will run both my pancake air compressor and saw as long as I don't use them at the same time LOL. This unit can be run in parallel with another unit to double the wattage. This thing although a 4 stroke is extremely quite, comes with an adapter to charge a car battery and also has 2 usb charge ports. This thing is so light, compact and quite that my guys have gotten into taking it up on the roofs with them rather than running a long cord. I highly recommend this unit. I paid around $500 for it. The price is well worth it and a perfect set up for preparedness.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

must be nice to be able to make pancakes on the job.