Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: offering a port in the storm

Spoke with my friend on the ham radio for about 35 minutes after the Virginia Fone Net. We decided to switch frequencies from 3,947 MHZ on lower side band mode to 3.505 MHZ again on Lower Sideband Mode. This got us away from a lot of traffic and also left the other frequency for those who do not have the extra class band privileges.

He is well aware of the storms track and also told me the offer still stands to come there if I have to bug out.

Discussed preps and also his new gasoline post digger he is using for planting his grape vines and tomorrow he is going to use it again to plant posts to hang up his grape vines.

I keep kidding him about becoming a wine bibber after him and his woman squeezing their grapes in their bare feet.

Been debating myself to get me a post digger with a couple of different sized augers. They are not quite as expensive as I had thought. He got his on sale at Harbor Freight.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 09-11-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Those diggers are worth what they have came down to, if you plant plenty of trees, grapes, berries and such.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Ready 4 reset, are you on high ground out in Jersey ?
    We are way north of where the hurricane is making landfall. Flooding isn't an issue here. We are about an hour from the shore.

If any members need any assistance don't hesitate to reach out. Be safe all
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

According to the NHC the forecast has changed for the Raleigh area....for the better. Still 40+ mph gusts, but rainfall has been changed from 12-18 inches to 3-5 inches. And they're now saying the worst for this area will be Saturday. Guess ole Florence is getting a little tired and slowing down some. I sure hope their latest predictions are correct.

3:12 am here and I am up standing the night watch.

Storm seems to be tracking more south than I had expected...and am also now surprised by this as I'd expected her to turn slightly north.

However once again....she is still a ways out to sea...and we are standing by here...

A handful of small things to do tomorrow...and then again hunkering down and waiting.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

Latest from NHC: A high pressure front has moved in from the north and northwest, semi encircling Florence. NHC says it could stall Florence for days. Also, yes, it has turned a bit to the southeast, but are still predicting 40+ mph gusts for the Raleigh area with now 2-3 inches of rain. Don't really know WHAT this thing is going to do.

Florence...I had to look it up...ok...
    Florence South Carolina. Was not aware that it had moved further south than let us say.....6 hours ago.

Not complaining here....but still standing by.

Debating going into work tonight. Think most of the rain will come Thursday....not today. Of course ..I will be taking my car...not my scooter.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.