Thread: Root Beer Anyone?

Default Root Beer Anyone?

I 've recently been able to start acquiring some wine making equipment and some bottling stuff for making my own root beer and other sodas,, not using extracts. I already have the drying tree, capper and bottle caps and some brown bottles,, with still more to be acquired at extremely low prices.. I've been looking at videos on youtube and would love to know if anyone here makes their own root beer or crème soda and such.. I would like some input on your experiences and if what you do is different from what I've seen on youtube,, I hate the idea of using bread yeast , dropping a few grains into each bottle,, btw I've been able to get both types of bottles,, some with caps and some with wire bail.. looking forward to doing this.. mead making and wine making as well,, beer brewing isn't for me tho.. so who knows what.. spill the beans please.. thanks in advance

Our family used to make root beer when I was a child. Probably from a lack of money to buy pop. Be careful when you cap the bottles so they don't explode.

The closest I've came is with the "kits" for root beer and ginger ale. Really had fun doing those so I've thought about larger scale. It's just a matter of having time. With work, wife's health issues and trying to take care of home stuff......... IF I had an extra 12 hours in the day and 2 extra days a week I MIGHT have time to do something fun.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    The closest I've came is with the "kits" for root beer and ginger ale. Really had fun doing those so I've thought about larger scale. It's just a matter of having time. With work, wife's health issues and trying to take care of home stuff......... IF I had an extra 12 hours in the day and 2 extra days a week I MIGHT have time to do something fun.
    Amen to that!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I managed to get a kit unopened from a garage sale ,, its been in storage,, got the brown bottles and some growlers and a capper,, gotta order the herbs and spices from online.. and build some shelves for the bottles afterwards,, bottles are cheap here where I live now..so who knows right?