Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DIY body armor, part 2

If you're planning this for post shtf, Bette figure out something besides liquid nails........ it doesn't last very long.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    If you're planning this for post shtf, Bette figure out something besides liquid nails........ it doesn't last very long.

The ones that I made 3 years ago are still holding up just fine. Iíve used Liquid Nails for years and I never had a problem with it not lasting.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    The ones that I made 3 years ago are still holding up just fine. Iíve used Liquid Nails for years and I never had a problem with it not lasting.
    I meant in the tube, I had bought several tubes for a project. I stored the few tubes I had left over only to find them hardened and UN useable later on. These were tubes not opened and all seals intact.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

What would the weight, and flexabilty of this suit of armor be...could you still run/bend/squat/shoot back ?

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    What would the weight, and flexabilty of this suit of armor be...could you still run/bend/squat/shoot back ?

Iíll try to weigh the one I have built in a day or two once I know that it is fully cured.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I meant in the tube, I had bought several tubes for a project. I stored the few tubes I had left over only to find them hardened and UN useable later on. These were tubes not opened and all seals intact.

Oh ok. Gotcha. Come to think of it, I do remember that happening to a tube or two.

91 Cav - Thanks for spending the time to do this and for passing on the results, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I aim for the head.
    Not me. I aim for the "family jewels", 12 Ga, #4 buckshot. Tends to REALLY get their attention. Most I know, men anyway, would rather die from severe torture than have his nuts splattered all over the wall behind him. But I guess you could ay I'm a bit sadistic. Some have even accused me of being a psychopathic homicidal maniac...but they never bother me after we have a "chat".

As preppers we prepare before hand....prepping in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    As preppers we prepare before hand....prepping in a nutshell.
    We try to do so, but there will always be something, regardless of how prepared you think you are, that you are lacking in should SHTF.

Personally, I am not a bank prepper in that I donít go and buy all of my preps. Yes, there is a large amount that I do buy, but I like to build my own things. This way, if they are damaged or get broken, I have intimate knowledge of how to fix the item. Just look at all the posts I have made in this section. This is not meant as an insult so please donít take it as that. Iím just giving you insight as to why I choose to do things the way I do.

Plus, body armor is low on my priority list of items to buy due to my poor mobility due to medical reasons.