Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather being used to manipulate?

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    Camo, how do you do with -8 and 3' of snow?
    ONLY -8? Man, that would be a heat wave in some places I've been. Spent a winter at Minot , North Dakota, and one at Malmstrom AFB, (Great Falls, Montana). Out in the missile field I've seen temps of -40 and the chill factor hit -80 a few times. Yeah, I know cold!

Well, I've hiked the mountains of Wyoming when it was -20* and 3+ft of snow and I did alright but I had the right gear. I'm built too low to the ground to live with that kind of climate, plus I'm not acclimated to it. I do love it though!
    One thing is certain. You can layer and keep layering in cold weather to stay warm, and build a fire, and make wind breaks, but in the severe hot climates with high humidity, you can only take so much off. Then you fry. You can even fry in the shade. You should try it.

Camo, how do you do with -8 and 3' of snow?
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 07-25-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Headed to NT, Canada in about 3 weeks. Outfitter said to expect that it may get hot. Sometimes temps reach 70. Told him I fly out of San Antonio at 5:30 am and it will be 80 so I'm good with their heatwave.

These Austin weather folks are all drama queens. I've found one hispanic girl on local ABC affiliate, I think, that just gives weather, no drama. One guy last week came out and said that it was much hotter all over the world.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48zB-wWRBY economy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbYarQluwR4 weather
    gijoe was predictive programming this in the 80s
    Last edited by driftz240; 07-25-2018 at 03:09 PM.

but in the severe hot climates with high humidity, you can only take so much off. Then you fry. You can even fry in the shade. You should try it.
    That is exactly why I don't live there.

ONLY -8? Man, that would be a heat wave in some places I've been. Spent a winter at Minot , North Dakota, and one at Malmstrom AFB, (Great Falls, Montana). Out in the missile field I've seen temps of -40 and the chill factor hit -80 a few times. Yeah, I know cold!
    Only going comparatively. 85-95 also isn't the 120+ in some places.

-40 is fine when I'm inside and have a fire going.

And that's exactly why I do.
    That is exactly why I don't live there.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Only going comparatively. 85-95 also isn't the 120+ in some places.

-40 is fine when I'm inside and have a fire going.
    Once, when we were elk hunting, we did build a fire that night....the flames froze.

I walked to a bar in South Fort Colorado one night when it was 5 degrees. I was cold walking there, but the walk back to the hotel was a nice warm walk!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    Originally Posted by flock6

Nope, they honestly believe that anything over 72 is deadly. Ask my mutt dog and he'll tell you the same thing.
    My Dobie mix likes it between 65 and 75. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    My Dobie mix likes it between 65 and 75. Period.
    My shepherds could care less what temperature as long as they are chasing a large hard plastic ball around the yard. I stop them, when the foam on their mouths gets too thick. A nice cool concrete slab and lots of water gets them ready for another round.
    We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Georg Wilhelm F. Hegel