Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To my Texas friends.... update on our power grid

yes...giant cockroaches... in lackland afb during basic training you would come in the barracks and turn on the lights and you would see swarms of them scurry,,,huge suckers huge

EEEWWWW! I've never had to deal with those nasty critters! NASTY! Even the idea gives me full body shivers!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

When I lived in SETEX you knew when we were going to get a lot of rain, those big roaches would seek shelter inside.........and fall off the ceiling on your face while you were in bed.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

As a kid in South Texas, the living room had an AC, but not the rest of the house. We slept with windows open and slept well. Didn't sleep in AC until about 14 yo.

I've got a attic fan in my house now, so only need a penny to power that fan and sleep like a baby.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields