Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious booms, who has heard them?

Default Mysterious booms, who has heard them?

I keep reading about mysterious booms occurring throughout the country, but no one really knows what they are. So, who has heard them?

In the last 2 months we have heard them twice. Both times it was late in the day, and both times they were strong enough to rattle the dishes in our cabinets.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I hear them from time to time. Sometimes vigorous enough to rattle the walls and other times just a dull roaring sound or a rumble.

Maybe the libbies are building underground cities all over the country? LOL.. J/K, but yeah, it's a strange sound, especially when you are nowhere near the road.

I read that a lot of people are saying they all live within a mile or so from drilling rigs. Might have something to do with it since they do drill sideways in some places. Others have claimed its caused by fracking but I have no personal opinion of what it could be, ..... unless God is getting angry?
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

infowars had a article about this the other day that was in my area. i wanted to go down to that area and check out if i could notice any signs of underground drilling and check google earth
    i know they have tons of underground tunnels threwout the country. sure there just adding to them.

Bugs Bunny has tunnels all over the world. I used to watch documentaries of his traveling, it amazed me how fast he could dig!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Well, I'm oilfield and roughnecked from 70's through 90's with a two year break working Halliburton frac, safety, completion, and H2S consulting. There is no reason for a boom, then or now. When booms happen they are usually followed by fire and damage maybe including death.

Sounds like sonic boom, but I've not heard it here west of Austin or down at ranch where they are drilling around me.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

could be people setting off tannerite. It's all over you-tube.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Bugs Bunny has tunnels all over the world. I used to watch documentaries of his traveling, it amazed me how fast he could dig!
    And all this time I thought it was a Tyrannosaurus Rex plodding it's way toward me.

I've probably watched JURASSIC PARK a few too many times .......

Naw! It was just Aaron Judge, Yankees' right fielder, hitting a baseball.

It happens near me too. I don't hear them but in the last couple of months there have been about 20 "booms" between 12-5 am. The location is a little over an hour from me. Local police couldn't determine where they were coming from. Last I heard FBI and ATF are suppose to be assisting.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge