Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Trump Changes to the Strategic National Stockpile ...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    807

    Default Trump Changes to the Strategic National Stockpile ...

    The $7 billion Strategic National Stockpile, a government repository of drugs and supplies, is ready for deployment in a terrorist or nuclear attack.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a3a9320e627e


    it has it's political side - but it's halfway balanced ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 04-29-2018 at 02:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lake LBJ, Texas
    Posts
    7,621

    Default

    The problem IMO isn't who handles it, it's about what hoops you must jump through to be eligible to receive these things. That will be politicized.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.


    I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arizonastan
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I have witnessed something similar first hand. I am the member of a FEMA contracted Critical Care Transport Team that responds to natural disasters to provide ICU level care during hospital evacuations. We deploy fully equipped, but FEMA always sends us supplementary gear. The last deployment I went on there were about a dozen semi trucks loaded for bear. One truck was nothing but a rolling pharmacy. It had everything that we needed to keep us operational. Vasopressors, Sedation and Analgesia, Antibiotics, you name it! They even had rolling blood banks. There were other trucks loaded with BLS and ALS gear for all of us as well. Very impressive to say the least. We would go on a run, head back, and they could restock anything we needed!
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelWolf View Post
    I have witnessed something similar first hand. I am the member of a FEMA contracted Critical Care Transport Team that responds to natural disasters to provide ICU level care during hospital evacuations. We deploy fully equipped, but FEMA always sends us supplementary gear. The last deployment I went on there were about a dozen semi trucks loaded for bear. One truck was nothing but a rolling pharmacy. It had everything that we needed to keep us operational. Vasopressors, Sedation and Analgesia, Antibiotics, you name it! They even had rolling blood banks. There were other trucks loaded with BLS and ALS gear for all of us as well. Very impressive to say the least. We would go on a run, head back, and they could restock anything we needed!


    the problem I always point out about the FED response to a nationwide SHTF - natural or manmade - it's never been done - the major disasters like Katrina, Sandy, and now the TX flooding - small in geography and population compared to the entire country - and with the natural disasters like hurricanes they get forewarning ....

    again in regard to a nationwide SHTF - if you're a sheeple type - maybe a FEMA prepare type ready for 72 hours - and think the FEMA and the FEDs are coming over the hill within a week - they are in for quite a surprise - outside the major metro areas a month wouldn't surprise me .... and this taking in account that the military would be available and that transport wouldn't be severely hampered ....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lake LBJ, Texas
    Posts
    7,621

    Default

    Yea, that's kinda what I'm thinking. Watching a simple convoy running down 281 from Fort Hood to Camp Bullis. They typically run about 50 mph and if one breaks down, they all stop.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.


    I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweet Tennessee
    Posts
    3,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    the problem I always point out about the FED response to a nationwide SHTF - natural or manmade - it's never been done - the major disasters like Katrina, Sandy, and now the TX flooding - small in geography and population compared to the entire country - and with the natural disasters like hurricanes they get forewarning ....

    again in regard to a nationwide SHTF - if you're a sheeple type - maybe a FEMA prepare type ready for 72 hours - and think the FEMA and the FEDs are coming over the hill within a week - they are in for quite a surprise - outside the major metro areas a month wouldn't surprise me .... and this taking in account that the military would be available and that transport wouldn't be severely hampered ....
    We're all gonna die from something, I personally don't consider a thinning of the herd a bad thing.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    We're all gonna die from something, I personally don't consider a thinning of the herd a bad thing.
    Me neither , so long as they're liberals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •