Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New House

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    OT and Ready 4 you both are making me drool over the prospects. I am still 8-10 years out from being able to do that. Bout all I can do now is try and find land.
    Congrats to you both
    You're in God's country, there should be land all around you.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    WHAT!!! You're close to bambam and gonna be hangin' out wif him? Oh, do I feel for you. I have a pretty good idea what you're in for, 'cause bammer and me think so much alike we just gotta be kin somewhere along the line. I honestly can't think of three crazier dudes on this planet than bambam, skeeter and me. Having to hang out with just one of us is bad enough, but get us three together...and you in the middle...you'll be ruined for the rest of your life...and the next one too. But, BOY, would we have some fun! Jokes aside, bambam's good folks. Can learn a lot from him. Why, he'll have ya eatin' bugs and earthworms 'fore long...and enjoying doing so. (Heh, heh)
    Lol indeed there will be fun. A 30 pack and a fire is how the story started.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    You're in God's country, there should be land all around you.
    Yes sir I am. But between the air guard, nuclear plants and weapons production facilities, areas of focus for me are to get outside of potential target areas. Also to get closer to retirement age. Too soon and I'll spend most of my life driving interstates away from home instead of being able to work on my place getting ready for retirement. Timing is critical. I have 3-5 good areas in mind. just gotta find the exact right one.
    You are right about being in
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Buy high country enough for a cellar. Then go Barndominium. Those are pretty slick, and sometimes fool appraisal districts if you know what I mean. They can't tax what they can not see.
    Yea when you live at sea level basements don't happen.
    Vox Populi!

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    Yea when you live at sea level basements don't happen.
    And just what's wrong with an underground swimming pool? (Giggle)

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    WHAT!!! You're close to bambam and gonna be hangin' out wif him? Oh, do I feel for you. I have a pretty good idea what you're in for, 'cause bammer and me think so much alike we just gotta be kin somewhere along the line. I honestly can't think of three crazier dudes on this planet than bambam, skeeter and me. Having to hang out with just one of us is bad enough, but get us three together...and you in the middle...you'll be ruined for the rest of your life...and the next one too. But, BOY, would we have some fun! Jokes aside, bambam's good folks. Can learn a lot from him. Why, he'll have ya eatin' bugs and earthworms 'fore long...and enjoying doing so. (Heh, heh)
    OMG that is spot on! Lol Could you imagine the 3 of us neighbors? Lmao!! "Hey Bam, hold my beer and watch this!" Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    OMG that is spot on! Lol Could you imagine the 3 of us neighbors? Lmao!! "Hey Bam, hold my beer and watch this!" Lol

There goes the neighborhood!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    LMAO! Somehow or other, we just gotta make this happen!

Last year we bought this rather remote house in the mountains but I thought about just getting land and having a metal building erected. They go up fast and are maintenance-free. Then finishing the inside as a house or a house with attached garage.
    But we found this house that was new but had been on the market for two years so I low-balled an offer that was accepted. I did have a metal garage put up though so I could have a nice shop/garage.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Last year we bought this rather remote house in the mountains but I thought about just getting land and having a metal building erected. They go up fast and are maintenance-free. Then finishing the inside as a house or a house with attached garage.
    But we found this house that was new but had been on the market for two years so I low-balled an offer that was accepted. I did have a metal garage put up though so I could have a nice shop/garage.
    Soooo........ have the demons been giving you troubles, rattlesnakes having orgy parties in the walls? Just curious what the issue may have been. Anyway congrats and hope it gives you a wonderful home for many years.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.