Thread: here a mint, there a mint

Default here a mint, there a mint

went and got some 4 inch chocolate mint plants and some peppermint plants,, 3 each going after the pinepapple and spearmint,, sometime in the next few days,, already got the larger pots to transfer them into.. gonna get as many types as I can ,, keep them in containers,, use to make extracts and pup out some for barter and trade,,love the smell in the kitchen

Ooooooo! Hot Chocolate mint tea! I love that stuff!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

One thing I really dread about any possible TEOTWAWKI event: both cocoa and cinnamon are tropical. It would be a long time before I saw those again, minus what I have stocked. I do need to get more mint though, my pant caught a disease and I had to sterilize it.

They got chocolate in Mx so it's just a matter of getting to it.

Loved going out under the Swamp Cooler drip and picking mint for the ice tea, and sometimes to chew on.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

went today and picked up the pineapple mint 3 plants and spearmint 3 plants, 2.99 each put in an order for apple mint and banana mint.. they will call when they unload.. homemade extracts here I come. a guy that gave me 13 one gallon glass jugs in North Dakota had some mint growing right next to his front step.. gave me some cuttings to enjoy,, hell if they do good there they can handle Missouri,,

I really like the smell of the mint plants and often brush my hand across the leaves to further enhance the smell.
    In many locals mint spreads wildly and is hard to stop if it "gets away".

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Me too, I have a patch growing along the stream at the BOL, in a patch. Like to encourage it to spread.