Thread: Bugout Trailer

Default Bugout Trailer

I've been wanting a small trailer to basically have ready to go with most of my stuff for a while. The military trailers are about what I look at, but I do't like the bigger HumVee version. The old VN pulled behind a Jeep were the ticket, but folks are sure proud of them now. Anyway, so I ride a Harley but am a fair weather rider, and too old to just climb on and go. I decide I wanted an enclosed clamshell type Scooter trailer to drive to where I want to ride, like Sturgis, or Tail of The Dragon, maybe some Springer rallies, and such. I was not willing to pay full price, I'm kinda cheap that way, so I've been shopping for awhile.

Finally scored one today, a ROOL or ROLL brand out of Fla. This was always going to be for hauling Scoot, but now I'm seeing all this potential as a BO trailer. Low profile, Harley black, covered, some lights inside, and plenty of room to put my stuff when the time comes. Where I I've I figure I've got a few days, but at least 12 hours to her out, and beat the crowd. This thing will pull nicely behind pickup, but small enough to tow behind my CJ if necessary. Clearance is a problem, but it's light enough to pull over obstacles for short distances, I think. Not the best scenario, but not a bad deal.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

chip, you might look at some of the Jayco models.........some have really high clearance

Yea, a friend has one we used out in west Texas, and I was amazed at the clearance. I guess the bad side is top-heavy, but yea, you can get way off the beaten path with them.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

look at their rv models, simular to a pop-up trailer but sturdier

My dad's Silver Wing could pull a marshmallow. Have you looked into those? Low profile with good clearance, aerodynamic, light weight but pretty darn roomy inside. He hauled that thing everywhere. I've slept in it and it is quit comfy.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I don't need a place to bug out, I have that. I mainly need something to haul stuff with. I have much stocked at house and much more stocked at ranch, kind of dividing up into two places. I'll be bailing south, but would like to take the stores with me. My garage is huge and I can easily pull that trailer inside to load.