Thread: Casting for Builders in Alaska

Default Casting for Builders in Alaska

Hi -

I work for a nationally recognized television production company and we're currently looking for a builder or a group who tracks down dilapidated cabins in Alaska, rebuilds them, and transforms them into the ultimate survival shelters.

I've attached a press release.

If anyone who comes to mind for this inquiry, please feel free to forward their info to survivalcabinscasting at gmail.com. Any guidance or direction on where to look or whom to contact would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just a thought...most folks that might consider building a "survival shelter" in Alaska would not be inclined to be on national television. Survival includes COMSEC. Just my $0.02...your mileage may vary.

To be fair, if you're the only person for 150+ miles it doesn't much matter if people know where you are.

If you'll pay me I'll take my crew to Alaska and build you the most bad a$$ shelter out of an old cabin you can afford. Honest
    Last edited by flock6; 04-02-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Alaska might be a difficult BOL for me in a SHTF situation. I, and most others, need something close by, or at home, where dangerously traveling long distances isn't a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    To be fair, if you're the only person for 150+ miles it doesn't much matter if people know where you are.

from what I've read - some of the AK reality "stars" wished they had been alot more secretive about their location - general location even ... there's something about people on TV that drives the nutz - ANY publicity about your place is detrimental .....

Alaska is full. Please move along

There was a similar show about building cabins in remote alaska. It wasnít a bad show. Some were more remote then others. If you have to boat or fly to it it keeps the riff raff down.
    Personally I would not build on Kodiak but thatís just me.

And if someone take this on just remember logistics can be a ****in nightmare
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkieís and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Many years ago I read a book about a couple from Minnesota or one of those northern states, that up and moved to Alaska, found a cabin and settled there with a few upgrades. Wish I remembered that title.

I would not do it
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields