Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I talked to TDale today, He LOVES Trump....

We won WW2 because (among other things) Pittsburgh was the capital of the world in steel, we had all the ore. We turned out battle ships, liberty ships every week. We were the bread basket of the world, stuffed the liberty ships and fed the allies. We were the technological giant. Detroit turned out the tanks, etc. Where are we today?
    exactly and we turned out ships, tanks, and airplanes because we had a strong industrial base from the raw steel (and coal to smelt it) to outfits like Baldwin Locomotives that retooled to churn out tanks, and all the automobile companies that retooled to turn out all manner of vehicles and some of them even airplanes.

Want to produce electronics? Takes rare earths, we had/have the largest mine in the world, except China subsidized their mines and undercut us, our mines are out of business, want electronics, contact China. ALL of this is easy to find on Google. Last I heard, missiles require electronics.
    slight bit of clarification, we HAD only one mine and it was in Kommiefornia of all places, EPA and State of Ca regulated it to where it was uneconomical. I can't fault the Chinese for not being that stupid

IMHO EPA, OSHA, and pretty much all the federal gov't bureaucracies so stifled American business it was so burdened by government regulation that as good as we are the playing field is just too tilted to compete. That IMHO is the best thing Trump is doing.

Coal and steel de regulation and protective tariffs are a wonderful example.

You don't have a defense department if you are dependent on other nations for the raw materials for your war machine. National security requires a base level of industry in some critical areas. As Winni points out missiles take electronics which take rare earth minerals. Don't want to be buying them from your enemy.

Deep state= epa osha etc. Those agencies could do good protect people, and the environment without crippling business; Trump is proving that by cutting them down a notch or two.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    It really depends on how other countries will react to the 25% or 10% tariff as to if it will be good or bad for us in the long term. The offer on amnesty has me torn because of this; He probably gambled that it would not be passed which is why he backed it, however when you gamble you dont always win. His wording on firearms was also very disturbing. Like I say, his actions on most things have been great, and then he does something that makes you step back and say, WHAT?
    Well, the rest of the world has had us bent over and giving us "the shaft without lubricant" for far too long. We've FINALLY got a President who "has a set" and is telling the rest of the world that "we're gonna play some crazy eights with y'all...BACK ATCHA!!!!!!!" I'm loving it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    We won WW2 because (among other things) Pittsburgh was the capital of the world in steel, we had all the ore. We turned out battle ships, liberty ships every week. We were the bread basket of the world, stuffed the liberty ships and fed the allies. We were the technological giant. Detroit turned out the tanks, etc. Where are we today?

Pittsburgh/Detroit is bankrupt, China, thru subsidies by their government, has undercut our companies. Japan/China. decades ago, stole our ideas. and produce cheaper products thru cheaper labor and government subsidies. Our golden waves of grain are condo's cause it is cheaper to import. Detroit, claim it is the simple economics? Don't forget the taxes on our cars overseas, stealing of our ideas, isn't it amazing how the Asian cars trucks look like ours?

Want to produce electronics? Takes rare earths, we had/have the largest mine in the world, except China subsidized their mines and undercut us, our mines are out of business, want electronics, contact China. ALL of this is easy to find on Google. Last I heard, missiles require electronics.

Add to it the obozo daily destruction of our country and HELL yes, we need to balance the rape of our country, I just hope it isn't too late. Talk to Russia or China on their view of globalism, yep, only if it benefits them. Time for action.
    TOUCHE' Winni! You DAMN sure got this right!

The tariff Trump is imposing is a bargaining tool to get others to back off their tariffs. He is giving them a choice. Kill your outrageous tariffs and we will do the same buy not imposing the same. Right now, most other countries tariffs are costing the US as much as 25% and some Even as high as 28%, where as our tariffs to those same countries are 2 to 5%. We have been treated very unfair. Trump is attempting to level the playing field. It's not really a gamble because if other countries continue their high tariffs to the US, we will return the favor by bumping ours up to match theirs. Why should other countries impose 25 to 28% tariffs on the US and expect the US to only impose 2 to 5%? It's rediculous! Make it fair across the table, otherwise, we find another source to trade with, and don't think Trump doesn't already know other sources.
    I have no issues with this. Be fair or be gone!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.