Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bugout Strategy, Preparations & OPSEC

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    The part that makes Libtards like Tom a joke being anti-gun, is they just love to use guns in their movies!! If they are so anti-gun why not make an action movie with no guns? Oh that's right because those movies don't sell!!
    Yep! Horriblewood has done run off the likes of Ricky Schroeder (he's still living as far as I know), John Russell, John Wayne and others who were/are staunch believers in the 2nd amendment. Oh, did ya know Tom Brokaw is a big supporter of the 2nd amendment? He has a big farm in, I believe it's Montana, and does quite a bit of hunting. I was really surprised to learn that.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    You got that right! He played one heck of a role in Saving Private Ryan. Also, Damien Lewis played Major Dick Winters in Band of Brothers. Didn't know until after I saw the series that he is British. Not sure just where he stands on the 2nd Amendment.
    I'm related to him somehow way back. The Winters branch I'm in had 3 die in route to help Fannin at Goliad, and a father and four sons at San Jacinto in the Texas revolution. I guess the family is good at winning wars.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I plan on staying put if SHTF, at home, where I have plenty of provisions, water, animals, firearms, and fighting off the Zombies with no plans who try to impede on my family. I have no BOL other than home, which is 50 miles from any big city, and 10 miles from any small town. I think there will be alot of transients looking for handouts, and trying to excersise thier squatting rights on good natured country folks like me, which I intend to prevent.

I would rather die defending my property, and family, than to be aimlessly traveling from place to place hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Without a proper BOL, most city people affected will be doing this.

Right, but stay focused. You could possibly be forced to escape, "temporarily". There is no need to die over a piece of property when you can live to fight another day. I have no intentions of leaving my place either. We are also roughly 50 miles from the newest sizable town ( not a city) and about 15 miles from the nearest small town. The nearest big city to us is over 100 miles. I still prep incase I do need to leave temporarily. Mostly, my on the road preps are for getting home though, rather than leaving home base.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I do have a "get home" bag I keep in my truck, that has minimal supplies, and provisions mainly for an extended walk home, but I couldn't rely on that for more than a few days.
    Last edited by ckelly78z; 03-05-2018 at 09:40 AM.

My BOL is occupied by a couple retired family members who watch over the property. This has allowed my wife and I to pre-position most of our prep at the BOL. This leaves the challenge of reaching the BOL when it is time to Bug Out. Does anyone have ideas on pre-positioning their prep?

I second the suggestion of check lists. I used them extensively in the military for everything from loading WRSK kits on pallets to packing personal gear for missions.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. --Napoleon Bonaparte

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

I have storage totes, as mentioned before, in my garage... Balloon goes up and 8 medium totes can be tossed in the back of my pick up along with bottled water and food... Clothes, extra ammo, some tools, camping equipment can all be loaded in under 5 min...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

I don't have lists, or loaded totes, or a bug our location, but I do have a fallback location.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I'm bugged out. But have a m35a2 full of MREs. Water and a few guns and ammo. Just incase I got to roll out.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I've bought well over 400 dvds over the years. New movies are on sale Tuesdays at Walmart. A genny, Tv and DVD player will give some entertainment during SHTF or Any kind of extended power outage....

DVDs are negotiable currency in places like remote Alaska - exchangeable for other DVDs if nothing else ...