Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife had a negative flu test, but......

Default Wife had a negative flu test, but......

Today something hit my wife like a ton of bricks. This morning she felt like her sinuses were bothering her. By 6pm she was running 101 degree fever, her head hurt, her whole body ached, and she was nauseated. A quick trip to the doc revealed a negative flu test, but the doc said she still might have the flu. He said this year he has seen a few people test negative for the flu only to come back feeling worse 2 days later and then testing positive.

So until we know for sure, Iím sleeping in the guest bedroom. I sure am glad we didnít buy a cheap mattress!!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

40% negative rate at my wife's doctor and the next day, 3 out of 4 negatives have it. She had a negative last week, and got tamiflu anyway. She caught it early, and she's ok now. My good friend has been in a coma for 23 days with the flu, just woke up yesterday, he's got a tracheotomy, and several months of recovery ahead of him. It's no joke this year.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Here's hoping it isn't the flu....supposed to be a really bad strain this year, and those with compromised immune systems have trouble fighting it.

Other viruses out there also............. adenovirus . flu-like symptoms, only military can get the vaccine, but supposedly not as virulent as the flu.

Wife and I are both just getting over the flu. Woke up the morning of 10 January feeling like we had been dropped off the top of the Empire State Building with fevers of 101 and 102. Went to the doctor that afternoon and he put us both on Tamiflu. Took us about three weeks to really get over it. In 72 and a half years its the first time I've ever had the flu. I can't remember the last time I felt so sick. Certainly don't want to go down that road again! Yeah, its bad this year. I was reading a couple of days ago that the vaccine this year is only about 20% effective, but with so many different strains on the loose, how can you be vaccinated against all of them. Seems sort of like the plagues God sent upon the Egyptians. Scary thing is, there has been quite a number of little ones who have died from the flu this year. I just can't imagine having to bury one of my grand children or great grand children. My world would be absolutely shattered.

as bambam said there are lots of nasty bugs running around this year. Not just the flu.
    I just recovering from upper respiratory bacteria.
    took me down for 2 weeks, I ended up in hospital for a day w intravenous antibiotics.
    wife never got it bad, never went on antibiotics, treated /prevented/minimized it all with essential oils.
    I am a believer now.

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    as bambam said there are lots of nasty bugs running around this year. Not just the flu.
    I just recovering from upper respiratory bacteria.
    took me down for 2 weeks, I ended up in hospital for a day w intravenous antibiotics.
    wife never got it bad, never went on antibiotics, treated /prevented/minimized it all with essential oils.
    I am a believer now.
    Explo, more and more, people are starting to wake to the benefits of essential oils. You should see the rack of essential oils hanging on my kitchen wall. I use Do Terra essential oils. They are the purist you can get. I don't buy those "essential " oils you find in the stores. I've been a staunch believer in natural medicines for a long time. Used properly, essential oils can play a major role in preventing a lot of sicknesses. That isn't to say you won't sometimes need the services of a medical Doctor. Anyone who practices self diagnosis is playing with fire. I found that out the hard way several years ago. If you need a doctor, by all means do so.

yep.
    we use Young Living essential oils.

My wifes buys Jade Bloom essential oils online, and avoids the Do Terra (and other brands) pyramid sales scheme that seem to be so prevelant. She has done some amazing things with these oils, and has kept her FibroMyalgia at bay with only an occasional flare up.

My wife spent 4 nights in the hospital with pneumonia in December just before Christmas. Had to administer IV antibiotics. She was right as rain inside a few days.

My worst fear was her coming down with the flu right on top of that. Fortunately she dodged that bullet.

We have both had the Pneumovax 23... her 12 years ago and re-upped 2 years ago. I had it same time as her 12 years back, thinking of getting the other one this time around. Vaccines are a useful 1st line of defense but nothing is 100%. We have a stock of Tamiflu for emergencies if we can't get it through regular channels.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.