Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife had a negative flu test, but......

Some docs say tamiflu does not work. Anyone heard this?

I've seen a lot of dangerous side effects in children. I don't even know what the stuff is supposed to do.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    yep.
    we use Young Living essential oils.
    We use the same oils but we do not sell them. Our oil holder has 4 shelves that are about 15 wide. All 4 shelves are packed full with most oils being 3 deep. Valor has helped my neuropathy from being too bad. Any time we go on a trip now, we carry a small diffuser and at least 10 oils. You know you use essential oils a lot when your 3 year old kid hurts themselves and comes to you asking for oil as she is crying!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Well, I sent my daughter to spend at least one night with her grandmother. Last night my wifes temp got up to 103 before coming back down to 101 this morning. Her fever broke this morning but has just gone back up to 99.8 degrees. She still feels like crap and still has some bad body aches. It looks like she will be staying home from work for at least tomorrow.

Prayers for a quick recovery.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Prayers for a quick recovery.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Some docs say tamiflu does not work. Anyone heard this?
    I'm here to tell ya those docs are full of it. Tamiflu is what the wife and I took, and within 24 hours I was feeling much, much better. It took about five days to get over feeling so sick, and about an additional two weeks to get over the after effects of the flu...mostly lack of energy and just not feeling like doing squat. Tamiflu is an antivirus, not antibiotic. Learned this from my wife who is a pharmacy tech...retired, for now, but not sure for how long that will last. She's already talking about going back to work. Says she feels better when she works. Woman is 70 (pushing 71) years old. Some of these worthless young'uns should take notice.

With a reduced immune system from a spleenectomy, and other major health issues, I seem to be walking a tightrope this year trying to avoid contact with those who are sick, and trying to remember to wash my hands when out in public. It seems like every year, I get it hard, and it takes forever to recover.